Friday 8 September 2017

Christmas Double Day

Hi crafters!  I'm starting out today's double day with a card that uses one of the Stamps To Die For (STDF) line.  Working from the background up, I embossed a piece of coconut white card with the Wild Poinsettia embossing folder.  Next I cut two of the Checker board Poinsettia border in coconut white card.  I cut a strip of ruby red card and glued it behind the centre floral portion of the borders then embossed the strip into the design and glued them on to the wedges of the background.  I stamped the Pine Wreath  STDF in black and cut it out with the matching Scalloped Snowflake die, then coloured it with Distress Markers.  I cut a second Scalloped Snowflake in white and offset it behind the stamped on and attached them in the centre of the card.  I wanted to mirror the stamped image with the embellishment so I added a couple of Pine Cones and some greenery.  I added some Iced Snow to the pine cones for a frosty feel.  White on white mats and layers were used to complete the card.  The finished dimensions are 6 1/4" x  8 1/2" in size.  Scroll down for card number two.









Card number two is a silver and white framed Winter Wonderland card.  I started by cutting the sentiment out of a piece of Vintage silver card.  I used the negative for this and backed it with white card.  I cut a multi layered white frame from the Double Pierced Noble Squares.  I added mounting foam to raise them, then cut four of the Snowflake Edgers in silver mirror card and attached them to the foam mounting on the frame.  I stamped the deer from the Forest Life stamp set in black on white card and cut them out with the matching die from the Forest Animal die set.  I inked the backs lightly with Black Soot and attached them to the card; the mother and baby deer on the background and the male deer on the outer frame of the card.   I added a stamped bird above the sentiment too.   I completed the card with white, vintage silver and silver mirror card mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8" x  8" in size.  All for now,
Sue x








                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: