Saturday 2 March 2024

Just Because

 Hi bloggers!  I started with a large piece of Yupo card for the background.  I used an assortment of alcohol inks randomly all over it.  I used Sailboat Blue, Sunshine Yellow, Amethyst, Intrique, Sublime and Deception Alcohol inks.  Next I used the Alice die to cut it randomly into a piece of white card.  I glued them together so the alcohol inks showed through the die cut areas.  I cut the Just Because sentiment in black and added it to a white shadow backing piece and attached it at the bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8 1/4"  x  9 1/4" in size.  



All for now, Sue x







 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue, I love a bit of colour xx Hazel

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what an amazingly colourful sample today, reminds me of fireworks exploding in the sky.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Wow such a pretty card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Wonderful card Sue x the colours are amazing and I love how you have used the Alice die x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A great colourful card.
B xx

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Today's card is gorgeous the colours are fabulous

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a very colourful card
Marion S x

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a fabulous card today, love the bright colours in the background. Bx

BenteS said...

Gorgeous card, the design is great :))

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great effect that has created a beautiful card. Love it…

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Love the bright colours you have used today. The background looks stunning underneath the die cut foreground.

Lisbeth

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Wow! I absolutely love today’s card, the background looks amazing behind the die cuts!
Hugs x
Heather T

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Super card, reminds me of a kaleidoscope with the bright colours behind the Alice diecuts

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Scottydog said...

What a lovely colourful card, like June I immediately thought fireworks! Thank you Sue.

Anonymous said...

I suppose if you don't have alcohol inks you could use inks and clear embossing powder to achieve the same effect. Thanks for sharing. WakeyL

Beryl said...

Stunning card. Love the colours.

sued99 said...

Lovely bright card. X

Pawprintx4 said...

I just love this technique. What a different card and there are so many dies that can be used for this effect.
Stephanie K

Judy Hollers said...

This colorful card is beautiful and makes me smile. The die you used is lovely. Hugs.

JAO said...

gorgeous

Liz said...

Absolutely stunning design.
Liz xx

Anonymous said...

A very pretty card sue love the colours you have chosen thank you xxxxxx June Horroocks