Thursday 7 March 2024

For A Special Friend

 Hello crafters!  I selected white, mauve and soft lavender card for today's offering.  I embossed the white card with the Tidal Sands embossing folder.  I cut the Soft Lavender card on the diagonal and glued it to the white, embossed card.  I added a thin strip of mauve card across the diagonal join.  Using the Layered Hydrangea die set, I made a multi-head flower using Mauve and soft lavender card.  I cut the leaves and stems in two shades of green card.  I assembled the flowers and added them in the bottom corner of the card.  I cut the For A Special Friend sentiment in both mauve and black.  I shadowed the die cut with the black die cut and added it to a white shadow backing piece.  I added it with mounting foam at the top of the card and cut a white Bauble branch as an accent and added it across the top of the card. The card was completed with white and mauve mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8"  in size.  



All for now, Sue x






 
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, WOW, this is truly amazing, love, love, love it, your so clever, yes definitely at the top of my to do list. The colour choices are briulliant.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card.
B xx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the hydrangea are so pretty in mauve and lavender x the bauble branch die is so versatile and looks amazing on your card x I love it x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card with your lovely hydrangeas. Yvonne xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is beautiful with the gorgeous hydrangeas, the bauble branch is one of my absolute favourite die’s!
Hugs x
Heather T

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a beautiful card today with a lovely combination of die sets. Bx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A really gorgeous post. Diagonally splitting the card is one of my favourite things to do and it works really well with these flower designs…

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Another real beauty thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a lovely way of adding interest to a card by splitting it into 2 sections and decorating with different textures. This style is a hit with me

Lisbeth

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
Well as you will see by the comments ... This looks like a winner ... And I can see why. This is what I call a calming card. The colour lilac is lovely and the whole card not too fussy. I would absolutely love to receive this on my birthday. It's gone to the top of my list for this week. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well everyone 🙏.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Scottydog said...

Ann took the words out of my mouth………a calming card. Would be ideal for a get well soon or thinking of you. Very pretty & like the contrasting triangles. Thank you Sue.

Suemac said...

A beautiful card.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Loving your colour choices on this beautiful clean and simple card with the layered hydrangeas

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Anonymous said...

oh sue what a beauty i love this card the soft colours you have used and the beautiful hydrations are so pretty this is a winner thank you sue stay safe my friends June Horrocks xxxxxxxxxxxx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I am sorry I did not comment yesterday, I think I was blown away with the gorgeousness of the card and simply forgot. Today's card is indeed a special card for a special friend. I love the gentle colours and yes, the calming feeling that it has.

Frances

Judy Hollers said...

This card design is very lovely and serene. Love the colors you used. Hugs.

Marion Scott said...

Good afternoon Sue, a beautiful card in pretty colours
Marion S x

sued99 said...

A very pretty card. X

ursula said...

Love the colour and the idea, making it a very pretty card….luv Urs xx

hazel young said...

Pretty card Sue xx Hazel