Monday 11 March 2024

Hello Friend

Hello there my crafty friends!  For today's card, I cut a piece of white card and then glued the two Coronet Lace Borders that I cut in black.  Next I cut the Noble Looped Ovals in black and attached it to the middle of the card.  I used the Double Stitched Ovals and cut a white frame to fit just inside the edges of the Looped oval base.  I added mounting foam to the back of the frame and attached it to a piece of black card.  Using the Layered Tulips, I made five flowers in shades of yellow and orange and cut the leaves and stems in two shades of green card.  I assembled the flowers then attached them to the inside of the frame.  I cut the Hello Friend sentiment in black and added it to a whit shadow backing piece then attached it at the bottom section of the frame over the tulip stems.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 3/4"  x  9 1/4"  in size.  


All for now. Sue x 








                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, stunning, gorgeous, masterpiece, anyone would love to receive a card like this, yes I will be making it too.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue, Spring has sprung xx Hazel

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a stunning sample, the tulips look gorgeous against the black backing
Marion S x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card to start the week thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A very striking and stunning post to start the new week. Gives the feel of Spring in the air. Love it…

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. I know a lot of people like daffodils as their choice of spring flowers, but I really love tulips. What a wonderful display this is. Love it.

Lisbeth

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, such a pretty card for celebrating Spring, being just about on our doorstep. All our tulips are just starting to come up. Bx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
A lovely bright and spring looking card this morning Sue. Any friend would just love this one.
Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in ,

Does anyone know how STEPHANIE is. I know she was taking a rest, but not heard from her for a while.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A lovely spring card with your beautiful Tulips. Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

love the vibrant colours of the tulips. WakeyL

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card, I love the layered tulips and they look gorgeous against the black background

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Beautiful card the tulips are gorgeous I'm looking forward to seeing them bloom in my garden!

Beryl said...

Beautiful card.

sued99 said...

Gorgeous card. X

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful card sue these cards take your breath away perfect gift for anyone with a special day they have to celebrate for a loved one thank you sue xxxxxxxJune Horrocks

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love this beautiful card, the black background seems to make the tulips glow. I have been busy with my Easter cards using Chip the Chick and the Easter Bunny set that I was fortunate enough to win last year, thank you.

Frances

Anonymous said...

This card is stunning. The black background for the tulips make the tulips look amazing. Hugs.

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fabulous card Sue x the layered tulips look amazing against the black background and I love the coronet lace border too x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Liz said...

Fabulous card, the flowers are stunning!
Liz xx

Betty McAlister said...

A beautiful card Sue. The tulips look so life like xx

Scottydog said...

A lovely card, the black background really make the tulips pop. Thank you Sue.

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What beautiful colours you’ve used in the tulips the black background really make them stand out!
Hugs x
Heather T