Wednesday 6 March 2024

I Smile When I Think Of You

 Hello bloggers! I selected a piece of Ruby Red card for the background.  I used the Alice die and cut it into the card.  I backed it with a piece of white card.   Using the Lace Coronet Border, I cut it four times in white and glued them in pairs to the edges of the card.  I cut the Gloria die with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I coloured the white embossed copy with alcohol ink markers, then covered the piece with a sticky adhesive sheet and added the black die cut on top.  I trimmed away the excess adhesive sheet.  I sprinkled Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz on top.  I added the die cut to the centre of the card with mounting foam.  I cut the I Smile When I Think Of You sentiment in black and added it to a  shadow backing die.  I added the sentiment across the middle of the die.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  9 1/2" in size. 


 All for now, Sue x









                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Wow a beautiful card and brilliant colour thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card
Marion S x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Wow what a beautiful card. Yvonne xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a beautiful card today, love the colours. Bx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A gorgeous post. Really love the Gloria die and it’s perfect in these colours…

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
A very striking card today Sue. But very nice too. I love this rose die ... Rose is one of my favourite flowers and also I love any rose perfumed fragrance. Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card, really like the Alice die cut into the red background

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Today’s card is striking I love everything about it!
Hugs x
Heather T

June Smith said...

Good Afternoon Sue and all Wilsonettes, sorry I am late but I go to my craft group on a Wednesday morning and leave home before 6pm. This is a beautiful card today, I have that die and am going to be making it, I love the way you have coloured the middle of the flowers.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

hazel young said...

Wonderful card Sue xx Hazel

Judy Hollers said...

This is a gorgeous card. Love the colors you have used and your design. Hugs.

sued99 said...

I love this die but I’m not too sure about all the red. It’s not a colour I use very much x

Lynne L said...

Gorgeous card I like the way you've cut the Alice die into the card