Monday 25 March 2024

Hello

Hello my crafty friends! I selected a piece of ruby red card for the background.  I used the lattice die from the Decorative Drapes Border to cut twice into the card on both sides.  I backed it with a piece of black card coated with Black Onyx Glitterbitz  I cut the Hazel die out of white card and cut it in half.  Then I cut the Hazel die again but out of a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I used the white card to colour the image with alcohol ink markers.  I glued the black die cut on top, then used the inner oval cutting die to cut the centre out of the die.  I added mounting foam to the back of the die to raise it and I added the stamped sentiment from the Sending Sunshine stamp set.  I added the halves of the white Hazel die to the top and bottom of the coloured Hazel die cut and attached it in the middle of the card.  I cut the centre decorative die in white and glued it around the aperture.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.    The finished dimensions are     7 1/4"  x  8 3/4"  in size.

ttps://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/product/creative-expressions-sue-wilson-frames-tags-hazel-craft-die/

The March blog launch starts here tomorrow morning at 6am UK time.  I hope you will join me back here then!  All for now, Sue x

























                                                                                       
                                                                 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a really beautiful card, so dramatic in the ruby red and black as well
Marion S x

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue xx Hazel

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful bright and happy card thank you.
Take care all Kitty Looking forward to tomorrow.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card today I love how the borders draw you into the main centre piece to focus on. Yvonne xx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A very beautiful and striking card. Love the colours.

Love Helen xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A really striking and bold post today. Love it…Looking forward to the launch’s always…

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a gorgeous card today, love the bold colour combo. Looking forward to the new launch. Bx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, it has been a long time since I commented on here. I have had a long break from crafting for various reasons but glad to say I am getting my mojo back again. What a stunning card, love that ruby red card! Love Jean xxx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a striking card today. Love the red with black and white and it's really interesting how you have extended the main image using a white die cut underneath and outside the main image.
Looking forward to your next launch.

Lisbeth

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What a beautiful striking card!
Hugs x
Heather T

June Smith said...

Good Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, you amaze me every day with your stunning samples, and this is no exception, I love the red, and yes I have that die so will add to my to do list. Brilliant.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. Wow what a stunning card today. Very striking. I love the use of all the dies you have used and especially the border ones. I would be happy if this one dropped through my letter box.I
Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds..

Great to see you back JEAN PHILLIPS. Hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

Like the design, but the red background isn't to my taste. WakeyL

Scottydog n said...

What a bold, striking offering we have today, that will really stand out on anyone’s mantle piece. Thank you Sue. Looking forward to your new launch tomorrow.

sued99 said...

The red is beautiful but I’m sorry to say that the overall side sign is not really to my taste although I love what you’ve done with the design.
Excited for tomorrow. X

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Another card that shows how well your dies work together, looking forward to seeing your new launch tomorrow

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Lynne L said...

Stunning card I love the bold bright colours with the touch of glitter and the pretty Hazel die

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, this card is amazing and I love the richness of the black and red. It is the polar opposite of what I would normally go for but it is stunning. Looking forward to the launch tomorrow.

A welcome return Jean Phillips, good to have you back again.

Frances

Anonymous said...

hi sue what a beautiful card oi love the colours the die is one to treasure thank you so much xxxxxxxxxxx stay safe my friends June Horrocks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Judy Hollers said...

A very striking card. Every time you use the Hazel die, I think of my sweet mother. Beautiful card. Hugs.

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Amazing card Sue x the colours are striking and really show off the details in your beautiful dies x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx