Sunday 10 March 2024

Sending Sunshine

 Good Sunday morning all!  I started with a piece of tan card for the background.  I used the speckled stamp from the Sending Sunshine Stamp set and stamped it in black all around the edges of the card.  Next I cleaned the stamp and stamped it with a clear Perfect Medium all over the edges of the card.  I sprinkled gold embossing powder over it, then heated it to melt the embossing powder.  I inked the edges with Black soot distress ink to shadow the edges.  Using the Looped Rectangles, I cut one of the middle dies in white.  I cut the next size down from that set in black and layered it on top of the white die cut.  I cut the Cora die in both white and black card.  I offset the black die cut behind the white one,
then added an antique gold backing piece.  I stamped the sentiment from the Sending Sunshine stamp set and cut it out with the centre die in the Cora die set.  I added it with mounting foam to the centre of the card.  I made a single gold flower using the French Marigold die set and added it to the corner of the card with white leaves as accents.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.    The finished dimensions are      7 1/2"  x  8 3/4" in size. 


 All for now, Sue x









 
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a gorgeous black and gold sample, the close up's really do help to see all the beautiful detail you get with the black and gold, such a great idea.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A Happy Mothering Sunday to all.
A lovely card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
Happy Mother’s Day.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card & I love how you have used the speckled stamp to enhance the tan card.Yvonne xx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all our lovely Mums out there. Treasure them because once they are gone you have lost your best ever friend.
A lovely card this morning Sue. And I see this as a great Man card (without the little flower) maybe a little circle with his initials as a focal point. This one will be added to my man list. Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue and a Happy Mother's Day to you. Lots of different ideas for us to try today and so nice to see stamps making an appearance. Stamping is where I started my crafting life.

Lisbeth

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A beautiful post…

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What a gorgeous card with some fabulous techniques!
Hugs x
Heather T

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I think this card will have to grow on me but I do love the unusual background.

Frances

hazel young said...

Happy Mother's day. Gorgeous card Sue xx

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Lovely card I really like the added details you've achieved with the gold embossing
Happy Mothering Sunday to all Mums

Anonymous said...

Like the card layers but the flower looks a bit cumbersome. WakeyL

Scottydog said...

A lovely card with so much detail on it. Thank you Sue.

sued99 said...

Love this card. Adaptable for many occasions. X

Judy Hollers said...

This card is very elegant and beautiful. You have given this card so much character with all the details you have included on the card. Thank you for sharing your ideas and creativity with us! Hugs.

BridgetCG said...

Hi Sue, another brilliant card, with a very different background. Love it. Belated Happy Mothers Day to everyone. Bx