Sunday 24 March 2024

Sending Sunshine

Good Sunday morning all!  I selected the Noble Looped Rectangles to start this card.  I cut the largest one in black, then a smaller white one and a smaller Iris one after that and layered them all up.  I cut the outer die from the Cora die set in white, then I cut the Cora decorative die in white and black.  I offset the black die cut behind the white one and added an iris card backing.  I stamped the sentiment from the Sending Sunshine stamp set and cut it out with the smallest cutting die from the Cora set.  I used Shaded Lilac ink around the edges while the die cut was still in the die.  I added it to the Cora die with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  9"  in size.  


All for now. Sue x





 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, the decorative square in the middle really is intricate and lends itself to having gem stones, diamonds, and anything sparkling on to it, this is such a beautiful die set. I am loving using it and thank you so much for your inspiration.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What a beautiful card I also love all the dies you’ve used they are so pretty!
Hugs x
Heather T

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card and we have a cloudless sky with sunshine - at the moment😁 in Sussex
Marion S x

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great post today. This one appeals because of its straight lines and symmetry. Its styling is fab for a just a note/because card….

Lisbeth said...

Morning Sue. The Cora die set has so much detail you don't really have to add too much more to create a stunning card. I love the way you have added colour by cutting looped rectangles in different colours and sizes to mount the central element on. Lovely

Lisbeth

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning
Beautiful card today Sue. The colours are so lovely. I love the lilac. It reminds me of the spring crocus and I love those. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏everyone .
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Suemac said...

A beautiful card.

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Lovely card The Cora die is so beautiful as ate the looped rectangle dies I love the iris colour card too

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card, love the layers of looped rectangles and the Cora die is gorgeous

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Anonymous said...

another lovely card sue the dies are are great what a special card xxxxxxxxsttay safe my friends June horrocks xxx

sued99 said...

Love the lilac coloured card on this one. The whole effect is so pretty. X

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a very nice card but personally I find it a little too busy with all the loops.

Frances

Aviator said...

Thanks for being a constant source of motivation, encouraging growth and exploration. Connect with Aviator influencers and experts through our blog.