Monday 18 March 2024

Best Wishes

 Hello crafters!  I started today's card by cutting the Lena die three times with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I coloured the white embossed copy of each of the die cuts with alcohol ink markers.  I cut the centre section of the Lena die one time with the same sandwich.  I coloured this one then added a piece of sticky adhesive sheet on top of it, then added the black die cut.  I used Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz on the top of it.  I added it to the Lena die with mounting foam.  I cut the very top and bottom of the Lena die where the flowers are and used them on the edges of the card.  I kept the body of both of the die cuts and used them above and below the full Lena die cut.  I cut the Best Wishes sentiment and the Its Time to Celebrate sentiment from Wordie Sheets and added them at the top and bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  9 1/4"  in size.  

                                                          Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, stunning in black and yellow
Marion S x

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a beautiful card today, the yellow colouring with sparkles/glitter looks amazing especially in the close ups. I think I will hae a go at this with a sort of dove grey colour instead of the black and see what that comes out like xx


Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely bright and sunny card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A really striking and beautiful post…

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. A lovely card today Sue ... But I must confess these are not my colours, I would have had a pink or a blue ... But that's just my opinion. The die set is lovely. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well everyone 🙏.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a really beautiful card today, love the yellow, which shows Spring is just about here. Bx

Anonymous said...

l love this card suethe vibrant colours love the dies thank you xxxxxxxxxJune horrocks

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A beautiful card. I love the colours.

Love Helen xxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love how you’ve used the Lena die to make a border at the sides of the card, wish I could see what you see when you look at a die. Sorry I didn’t get time to comment on yesterday’s lovely card

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love this beautiful card. For me it has an Edwardian feel to it with the rich yellow colouring against the black card along with all the tiny pearls.

Frances

sued99 said...

Not too sure about this one. A little busy I think for me. X

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good afternoon Sue,
Absolutely stunning card. Yvonne xx

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Today's card 8s striking with the contrast of bright yellow black and white I like the trellis details of the die

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
I love this card it’s so pretty!
Hugs x
Heather T

Scottydog said...

Sorry Sue, missed this lovely card yesterday. Thank you!