Tuesday 5 March 2024

For A Special Friend

 Hello crafters!  I embossed a piece of white card with the Tidal Sands embossing folder.  Next I cut it on the diagonal and added mounting foam to both halves.  I added the two embossed pieces to a piece of Pink Cotton card.  I added two thin strips of black card to the cut edges of the embossed piece.  Using the Layered Tulips, I cut three flowers out of pink cotton card and inked them lightly with Picked Raspberry distress ink.  I cut the stems and leaves out of two shades of green card and assembled the flowers.  I glued a double flower to the lower portion of the card and I glued the single tulip to the top of the card.  I cut the For A Special Friend sentiment in black and glued it diagonally down the middle of the embossed card.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8"  x  8 3/4"  in size.  



All for now, Sue x






 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card, love the pink cotton cardstock
Marion S x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
I love your channel cards thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another beautiful sample today, I do like the diagonal panel in the middle and fabulous tulips, perfect colour choices.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Such a beautiful card. Yvonne xx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
Yes I love this one. I love doing the split cards ... I find that you can make them look entirely different ... Just by altering the shape of the diagonal cut. I have two special birthdays on the way and I think you might have reminded me of doing something like this for them . Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well everyone 🙏.. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, love this card, a different layout which really makes it special. Bx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Anonymous said...

another great card. WakeyL

sued99 said...

Gorgeous card.x

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
I’ve always loved your channel cards and this is no exception especially as you've used my favourite of your layered flowers

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love this CAS card and the layered tulips are so pretty in the Pink Cotton cardstock.

Frances

Anonymous said...

hi sue what a beautiful card i love it very special for someone who s dear to you xxxxx June Horrocks xxxxxx

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Pretty card remindung me Spring is nearly here I love the pink card and the lovely tulips

Pawprintx4 said...

A pretty and yet simple card. Very good for this time of year too. Tulips are always good.
Stephanie K

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A really gorgeous post that I think any special friend would be more than happy to receive...

Scottydog said...

A lovely CAS card & I particularly like the colour you have chosen for the tulips. Thank you Sue.

Judy Hollers said...

Love this sweet card. Very delicate card. Hugs.

ursula said...

Very pretty indeed….luv Ursula xx

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Such a pretty card!
Hugs x
Heather T

BenteS said...

Love this design, so beautiful :))