Saturday 16 March 2024

You Are So Special

Hi crafters!  I started today's card by cutting the Woodgrain Plank Background out of tan card.  I used Frayed Burlap, Hickory Smoke and Antique Linen Distress inks on the background.  I cut the Layered Coneflowers out of shades of purple and added yellow centres to the flowers.  I added clear micro beads to the centres.  I cut the leaves and stems in green , then assembled the flowers.  I added them to the background, then I cut a Pierced Flag out of white card.  I cut the You Are So Special sentiment in black and glued it to a white shadow backing piece.  I added the sentiment to the Pierced flag with mounting foam.  Several clear water crystals were added to the background as accents.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 1/4"  x  7 1/2"  in size.  


All for now. Sue x






 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue, one of my favourite flowers xx Hazel

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful…

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the woodgrain background is fantastic and the coneflowers look so pretty x I love the pierced flags, they are so useful and I use mine loads with your sentiments x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is very pretty!
Hugs x
Heather T

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a very pretty card
Marion S x

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
What can I say about today's cards ... I am a background girl ... I love a nice background and your backgrounds are always eye catching for me ... But somehow, not today. I love the flowers... Stunning, I love the sentiment but ... Only my opinion, the background lets it down. Thankyou Sue
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, love todays card, the woodgrain background is fab, and the flowers so lovely. Bx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Love the background today and I thank you for showing us the results when you try different techniques as it encourages us to have a go too.. Love the flowers too.

Lisbeth

Scottydog said...

A lovely card with my favourite coneflowers. Like the background, it is a bit different. Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
I love the background with the water crystal accents and the layered coneflowers are gorgeous

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the techniques you use to achieve the result including the colours of ink to make it easier should you wish to replicate. WakeyL

sued99 said...

Stunning card. X

Pawprintx4 said...

I love the background you achieved with the embossed card. A pretty & interesting card.
Stephanie K

Judy Hollers said...

Beautiuful card. I love the background and the layered Corn Flowers. Hugs.

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a lovely card, simple and elegant. I use the Woodgrain Plank Background quite a bit but had not thought to use this combination of colours so that is something for me to try, thank you.

Frances

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Lovely card the woodgrain background really makes the gorgeous coneflowers stand out

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card, love the Layered Coneflowers!