Sunday 17 March 2024

Hello

 Good Sunday morning all! I haven't made a petticoat card in awhile so here is one for you.  I started with a piece of white card .  Using the Decorative Drapes Border, I cut it in white, black and blue card and layered them onto the bottom of the card.  I added a thin black strip with a thinner blue strip on it to the middle of the card.  I cut the Cora die in white and added a glittered piece behind it.  I added it to the larger decorative die in the set, cut in blue.  T he Hello sentiment was stamped from the Sending Sunshine stamp set and cut out with the small centre die in the Cora set.  I used Faded jeans distress ink around the edge before removing it from the die.  I added it to the centre of the Cora die with mounting foam.  I made a small flower using the French Marigold and added it to the corner of the die cut with white leaves as accents.  The card was completed with white, black and blue mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  8 1/2" in size. 


All for now, Sue x






                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all wilsonettes, such a beautiful creation, I like your colour choice and am just picturing in my mind what it would look like using a pinkish version, going to try this one, yes alreay on my list. Thank you x

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A lovely post and easy to replicate in any colour…

hazel young said...

Lovely card Sue xx Hazel

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Nice to see the reappearance of the petticoat design and you have designed quite a few border dies recently so there are so many possibilities for different petticoats. Thank you for reminding us of them.

Lisbeth

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful petticoat card today with your lovely dies. Yvonne xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card
Marion S x

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Wow! What a beautiful card!
Hugs x
Heather T

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. What a beautiful card today. If course I love the blue lacy borders ... I don't have these one's but I do have some similar that you brought out a few years ago and believe me they have been used and better used ... And still make lovely edgings. Thankyou Sue for reminding us of these lovely borders. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏 everyone.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.


BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a lovely card, the colour combo is great. Bx

Scottydog said...

A lovely card & the royal blue really draws the eye. Thank you Sue.

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, it's nice to see a petticoat card again and this one is very pretty. Love the colours.

Frances

sued99 said...

A beautiful card. X

Anonymous said...

What abeautiful card brings back memories the die thank you sue stay safe my friends xxxxxxxxx June Horrocks xxxxxx

Judy Hollers said...

The Decorative Drapes Border is a WOW on this card. Lovely. Hugs.