Saturday 30 March 2024

For You

Hello there my crafty friends!   I started with a piece of teal card for the background.  I used the centre die from the Art Deco Ornate Tile to cut into the middle of the teal card.  I cut another one out of antique gold card and added it as a shadow behind the teal card. I backed the entire piece with a piece of ocean card.   I cut the Elegant Fanfare die out of Antique Gold card twice.  I cut the die on the sides of the corner so that I was able to reassemble the corners into a larger square shape.  I cut the middle die out of the Ornate Tile in antique gold and layered it onto the middle of the card.  I cut the For You out of Ocean and Teal card.  I used the teal card as a shadow behind the ocean die cut and glued it into the centre of the card.  The card was completed with white, antique gold and teal card.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  7 1/2"  in size.


All for now, Sue x





 
                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, wow the teal, and gold go so well together for this creation, love the colour choices. A brilliant sample.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a stunning card today with a really striking colour combo. Bx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, this card looks so opulent, love the teal and gold together. Love Jean xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card, I love the teal and gold together.
B xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, beautiful card and I love the colour combination
Marion S x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a lovely card today. I do love the corners and I am pleased you have explained how you made them, I always forget that you can snip into the die cuts to make a different shape,

Lisbeth

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What a beautiful card and pretty colour combination!
Hugs x
Heather T

hazel young said...

Beautiful card, fabulous colours xx Hazel

Liz said...

Wonderful card, I love the beautiful colour combination.
Liz xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A very elegant card today with a lovely colour combination. Yvonne xx

Beryl said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours.

Anonymous said...

what a elegant card and colour way. Wakey L

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A lovely card. Love the gold and teal together, we are all knowledgeable now about how to make your die cuts into different shapes to the ones they cut out as.

Love Helen xxx

Scottydog said...

Beautiful card using the opulent combination of teal & gold. As my mother would have said, this is classy! Thank you Sue.

Forgot to congratulate Jean Philiips yesterday on winning one of your cards!

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what an absolute stunner! Loving this so much! Colleen xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful post using true deco colours that work wonderfully with the dies....

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, understated but gorgeous. I love the way you turn a rectangle into a square.

Frances

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fabulous card Sue x the colours are so opulent and you can really see all that lovely detail in your dies x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Anonymous said...

a beautiful card sue love the rich colours you have used a very classy card
xxxxxxxxxx JuneHorrocks xxxxx

sued99 said...

A very elegant card.x

Little Largo said...

Hello

This is so elegant and I really like the colours together.

Little Largo x

Pawprintx4 said...

Great color combination for this classic card.
Stephanie K

ursula said...

Great idea for a male card, lovely...luv Ursula xx

Maria said...

Love real, beautiful colour. Not really in to Art Deco but this is nice
Maria x