Sunday 3 March 2024

Best Wishes


 Good Sunday morning all!  I embossed a piece of black card with the Peony Blooms 3D embossing folder.  I used a white pigment ink pad and rubbed it over the top of the flowers to highlight them a bit.  I cut the Layered Asters in shades of yellow and assembled the flowers and glued them to the stems and leaves and attached them to the centre of the card.  I added brown centres to the full flowers covered with micro beads.I cut the Best Wishes sentiment in yellow and added an orange shadow backing die, then glued it below the flowers.  The card was matted in yellow and orange the added to a piece of white card with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz added around the edge.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8 1/4"  x  8 1/4"  in size. 


 All for now, Sue x








 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I love the flowers they are so pretty!
Hugs x
Heather T

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A great card.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card that looks very tactile. Yvonne xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, you do this every day with some of the most gorgeous samples I have ever seen, this one is no exception, when you look at the close up photo's you can see the pure depth and dimension that is achieved by the embossing folders and dies, I wish I could design like you do, thank you so much for sharing them all with your loyal fans.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

hazel young said...

Stunning card Sue, I love the dark background it really makes the flowers pop xx Hazel

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A beautiful post. Love the whole effect.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a really dramatic card today, so different to yesterday's but I like them both.

Lisbeth

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
The black embossed background really makes the layered asters stand out, stunning card

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I am sorry for not commenting yesterday but I loved the way Alice looked on the multi-coloured background, very clever. I am not sure how to describe today's amazing card, when I first saw it I just thought 'oh wow'. I love the peony blooms embossing folder but I have never made it look like this:-). The layered asters really suit this treatment.

Frances

Scottydog said...

Wow, that’s a dark mysterious background, but it works as it really makes those lovely asters pop. Thank you Sue.

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a very dramatic background to the beautiful flowers , love it
Marion S x

sued99 said...

Wow! This is stunning. Just love how you’ve highlighted the embossing folder to give such depth. X

Anonymous said...

Very impactful card Sue. WakeyL

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Today's card is stunning I love the embossed and highlighted background and thd asters are very pretty

Anonymous said...

this s a very special card Sue so pretty what a great card to recieve on your birthday a special one my husband is90 so i’m sure he would like this one xxxxxxxxx June Horrocksx xxxxxx

Judy Hollers said...

Wow! Great card! I love the asters! Hugs.

Beryl said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours.