Thursday 29 August 2024

I Smile When I Think Of You

 Hello crafters!  For today's card, I cut the 3D Card Maker out of white card.  I used the Dynamic Daisies and the Floral Medley for the flowers.  I cut the daisies out of powder pink and sky blue and cut the leaves and stems out of forest green card.  I dressed the pop up sections with the flowers and used the Fabulous Foliage to add greenery around them.  I cut the butterflies from the Bountiful Butterfly die set using a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I coloured the white copy then glued the black die cuts on top.  I glued it to the side of the daisy at the top of the card and the bottom flap of the card.  I cut the I Smile When I Think Of You sentiment in black and glued it to a white shadow backing piece.  I glued it to the bottom front of the card.  For the front of the card, I cut the Magnolia Cover Plate, backed it in white then paper pieced the pieces back in.  I matted it in powder pink.  


All for now, Sue x











                                                                                        
                                                                 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Wow, what a beautiful card & one that will make everyone smile. Yvonne xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A very pretty card.
B xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Everything about today’s card is pretty! The colours, dies and layout used are perfect!
Hugs x
Heather T

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, such a beautiful card today, lovely flowers and soft colours. Bx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh this is a pretty card and I have the dies to do this one, stunning, love it on my list.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Wow Sue this is so pretty thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a lovely bed of summer flowers on your card today. The pop up card blank really allows for a concentration of pretty flowers.

Lisbeth

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Wow, a beautiful post. You can almost smell the scent of the flowers…

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, love how the pop up die can be used all year round. This card is just so beautiful, love all those pretty flowers. Love Jean xxx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. Now this is my type of card. I absolutely love this one. The colours are just perfect ... And who doesn't love a flower and a butterfly somewhere on a card. Thankyou Sue. I am a happy bunny this morning. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well everyone 🙏 . Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Scottydog said...

What a pretty summer themed card today. Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A floral extravaganza with your pop up card and the beautiful magnolia cover plate on the front
Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card filled with your pretty flowers and the lovely magnolia cover plate, gorgeous.

Frances

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the daisies are so pretty and look gorgeous with the pop up die x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

sued99 said...

Wow. Such a gorgeous card.x

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A very special card today. It’s gorgeous!

Love Helen xxx

BenteS said...

Wow, the card is amazing!
So beautiful with all the flowers scattered around and the lovely front side :))

hazel young said...

Stunning card Sue, I love the colours and design xx