Thursday 8 August 2024

Tis The Season

 Hello crafters!  I selected a piece of white card and embossed it with the Falling Snow embossing folder.  Next I cut the two of the Looped Ovals in red and matted them together and glued them to the middle of the card.  I cut the Candy Canes in white and then paper pieced red and green stripes into the candy canes.  I crisscrossed them and added a bow coated with Hunter Green glitter and some greenery.  I cut the Tis The season sentiment out of Brunswick green card and glued it the bottom of the card.  I cut two sets of holly leaves and berries and glued them into the top corners.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 1/2"  x  8 1/4" in size.  

https://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/product/creative-expressions-sue-wilson-festive-candy-canes-craft-die/

All for now, Sue x




























                                                                  
                                           Follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is fabulous!
Hugs x
Heather T

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, a gorgeous christmas card and the dies are perfect, love it.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card so pretty thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous vibrant card with your lovely looped ovals & candy canes. Yvonne xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful card. Love Jean xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, love todays card, perfect for a festive greeting. Bx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, this is a nice card but surely it is the one you posted three weeks ago?
Frances

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

Lovely card. Great colours and I like the bold readable font.

Love Helen xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Absolutely love this post. Think this was seen during your Xmas launch or at least something similar and loved it then and just as much now. Wouldn't usually use candy canes but this post could make a convert of me....

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A lovely festive card and I do like your candy canes
Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Anonymous said...

love this card sue the candy canes are great so clever thank you sue xxxxxxxstay safe my friends June Horrocks xxxxxxxx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x the candy canes look wonderful arranged this way and I love the bow and foliage x the falling snow embossing folder is one of my favourites to use on my Christmas cards x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

sued99 said...

Gorgeous card. X

Michelle Stanley said...

Hi Sue
I just love this card, simple but so effective.
Crafty hugs Michelle Stanley xxx

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue xx Hazel