Monday 19 August 2024

Tis The Season

 Hello crafters!  I started today's card by cutting about ren to twelve poinsettias out of red glittered card using the Stylish Poinsettia die set.  I used a piece of Press 'N Seal which is a slightly sticky clear roll of film.  I arranged the poinsettia onto the sheet facing downward.  I ran it through my die cutting machine and cut a circular aperture in the middle.  I added small pieces of mounting foam onto the flowers, then added it to a piece of white card by flipping the piece over onto the card.  Once the flowers were stuck to the card, I removed the Press 'N Seal piece from them.  I cut a smaller circle out of white card using the Double Stitched Circles.  I added it to the middle of the aperture with mounting foam.  I cut the Tis The Season in red and glued it to the circle.  I cut green leaves to accent the poinsettia and added mounting foam to them and added them in place.  The card was completed with  white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  8 3/4"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x




 
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a fantastic sample, I really like the way you have used the 'Press & Seal" to make the Poinsettia , I have never heard of that so will investigate it. The close ups look amazing.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Anonymous said...

Morning Sue.
Another real beauty thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Wow, Wow, Wow, what a beautiful card & you know that Poinsettia flowers are my favourite. This is one card that I will definitely be making. Yvonne

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Such a splendid card today, love the poinsettias made out of the red glitter card and I am sure it would work with other flowers all year round.

Lisbeth

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

What a great way to use the poinsettias. Always difficult to find something new to do with flowers and this perfect. Fab post

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, such a pretty card with the poinsettias. Great idea using the press and seal. Bx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I’ve never heard of press and seal before but I’ll certainly be looking it up! I love today’s card it’s beautiful.
Hugs x
Heather T

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful card, like Heather I have never heard of press and seal either. Those Poinsettias look gorgeous in the glitter card. Love Jean xxx

Anonymous said...

What a bright vibrant cheerful card for Christmas, or if you change the colours and sentiment, any time of the year. WakeyL

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
The poinsettias look fantastic with the red glitter card and I must investigate the press and seal as well

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a really lovely card, you can't go wrong with poinsettias. I was not aware of Press 'N Seal but will, like others, investigate.

Frances

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A gorgeous card. It’s really lovely. I too had to look up press and seal.

Love Helen xxx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

sued99 said...

Stunning card. X

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue
A wonderful card! I love poinsettias.
Crafty hugs Michelle Stanley xxx