Tuesday 27 August 2024

Happy Christmas

   Hello bloggers!  I started today's card by cutting the Poinsettia Cover Plate die out of a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I used the white card to colour the image with alcohol ink markers.  I cut the die again in white and used the fall away pieces of the background and paper pieced them into place.  I covered the entire piece with a sticky adhesive sheet, then added the black die cut on top.  I sprinkled Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz over the entire piece, then trimmed the excess away from around the die. I cut the Happy Christmas sentiment from the Festive Wordie sheets and added it with mounting foam to the bottom corner of the card.   I matted it with white and black pieces cut from the Double Stitched Rectangles.  I added one more mat of red card for balance.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 1/4"  x  7 3/4"  in size.  

https://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/product/creative-expressions-sue-wilson-festive-poinsettia-cover-plate-craft-die/

All for now, Sue x 










                                                                                            









                                                                              
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A fabulous festive card.
B xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, what a gorgeous card. I had a play with this die yesterday but mine didn’t look this good! Will have to try again and copy this card. Love Jean xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Wow,Wow, Wow, what a showpiece of a card. You know I love my Poinsettia flowers & this is one of my favourite dies. Yvonne xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
A lovely card today. Sue .. Although I am not quite sure how these cover plates work. I will have to look for a tutorial. It looks more traditional this morning and that's a thing I love.Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the poinsettias are so pretty and I love how you have coloured and glittered the cover plate x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a gorgeous Christmas card this morning, love the glittery finish. Bx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a really lovely Christmas card today. It has everything for me - poinsettias and sparkle - perfect.

Lisbeth

Scottydog said...

A lovely traditional festive card. Would stand out on anyone’s mantelpiece. Thank you Sue.

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

Lovely Christmas card. Love the poinsettias and the sparkle.

Love Helen Bell. Xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, this is a fabulous die and I have got it and made a few of these in different colours, I must have a go using the products you used, all that glitter, lovely.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful Christmas card with the lovely poinsettia cover plate and a touch of festive glitter

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a gorgeous card with the beautiful poinsettias and plenty of sparkle.

Frances

Beryl said...

Beautiful card.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful post. The cover plate dies are so good and this particular post reminds me of a stained glass window. Love it …

sued99 said...

A stunning card. Perfect for Christmas x

hazel young said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Sue xx Hazel