Friday 30 August 2024

Season's Greetings

Hello crafters!  I started by embossing the Brick Wall embossing folder.  I lightly inked over the top of it with Pumice Stone Distress ink.  Next I cut a white frame using the Double Stitched Rectangles.  I added mounting foam to the back of it then attached it to a piece of white card.  Using the Cosy Fireside Christmas die set, I cut the fireplace out of slate grey card.  I added a black mantle to it.  I cut the mantle clock in gold and glued it to the top of the mantle.  I cut three red stockings and used Fluffy Stuff on the tops then heated it.  I added them across the top of the fireplace.  I cut the fire and logs and coloured them then added them inside the fireplace.  I cut the tree in green and coloured the baubles in red.  I added a gold star to the top and cut an assortment of presents for around the tree.  I added one to the side of the fireplace.  I cut the Season's greetings sentiment in red and added it to a white shadow backing piece.  I added it to the inside of the frame with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 3/4"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x
























                                                                             
                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

June Smith said...

Good Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a stunning creation, I am so pleased I purchased that die set, so I can have a play later, must see if I have a brick wall embossing folder in my stash, ha ha.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card with a traditional scene of stockings hanging waiting on Santa coming to fill them & a beautiful tree beside the fireplace. I love the brickwork embossing folder. Yvonne xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely cosy card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A gorgeous cute card. Love the traditional Santa scene and that brick wall embossing folder is perfect.

Love Helen xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a fabulous card today, love the scene you created. Bx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue gorgeous card. I am stuck in hospital at the moment so may not be commenting for a few days love Jean xxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love the stockings hanging from the fireplace, a lovely Christmas scene.
Sorry to hear you’re in hospital Jean and hope you get home soon

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love this fireside scene with all the different elements and the brick wall background looks really good.

Jean - so sorry you are in hospital, hope all goes well and you get home soon.

Frances

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Wonderful card Sue x the fireplace scene looks amazing and I like the fluffy stuff on the stocking x I love how you have inked the brickwork too, it really shows off all the detail x thankyou Sue x
Jean, hope you get better soon x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Great post and a useful die set.

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What a fabulous card it’s such a cosy scene!
Hugs x
Heather T

sued99 said...

Wonderful card. X

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue xx Hazel