Monday 2 September 2024

Tis The Season

Hello crafters!   I started today's card by cutting the Holly Floating Frame out of white gloss card.  I covered another piece of white card with a sticky adhesive sheet then peeled the backing paper off and attached the background to it.  I used Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz on the remaining exposed sticky areas.  Next I cut the Holly Ribbon Wave die with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I used the white copy to colour the image, then I glued the black die cut on top.  I glued it to the side of the card.  I cut a white frame using the Double Stitched Circles and added it with mounting foam.  I cut a red glittered poinsettia using the Stylish Poinsettia die and added it to the corner of the frame with two green leaves as accents.  I cut the Tis The Season in red and glued it inside the frame.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 3/4"  x  8"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x









                                                                                                                  












                                                                                   
                                                              Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A truly beautiful card today with your lovely Holly Floating Frame & Poinsettia flower. I especially love the Holly Ribbon Wave as it adds a different dimension to the card. Yvonne xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card so pretty thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh I like this one, the colours within the swag really do compliment the background embossing folder as well as the sentiment, on my list.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Gorgeous post and the wave die is particularly beautiful.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A stunning festive card.
B xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Wow what a stunning card!
Hugs x
Heather T

Anonymous said...

Great card; not CAS which some people like. WakeyL

Anonymous said...

Great card; CAS which some people like. WakeyL

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning ..
Another lovely card today. It amazes me how you think up all these beautiful designs. And the more I see this lovely wave die ... the more I love it. Thankyou Sue . Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

Scottydog said...

A lovely card in traditional colours showcasing your beautiful ribbon wave die to the full. Thank you Sue.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. I do really like these ribbon wave dies as they are so unusual and so decorative that you don't really need to add too much more to make a special card.

Lisbeth

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A beautiful card. Love the poinsettia die.

Love Helen xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a beautiful card today, love the traditional Red and Green with the white. Bx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love the mix of holly dies and the colouring of the Holly Ribbon Wave die really brings it to life. The small glittered poinsettia is the perfect finishing touch.

Frances

jean.phillips1 said...

Afternoon Sue, beautiful card, I love it. Love Jean xxx

sued99 said...

Love this card. X

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the floating holly die looks lovely in the background and the holly wave die is really pretty x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue
I love this card! I think the wavy die is wonderful!
Crafty hugs Michelle Stanley xxx

hazel young said...

Beautiful textures card Sue xx Hazel