Sunday 1 September 2024

Haunted Wishes

Good Sunday morning all!   I started today's card by cutting the Haunted Tree into a piece of black card.  I covered the back of the aperture with a piece of clear acetate.  I added mounting foam to the back of the card, then added some more just around the tree and sprinkled some clear and iridescent stars into it, then covered it with another piece of acetate.  I added a black backing piece behind it.  I cut the Bride of Frankie and coloured her and added her to the corner of the card.  I cut three headstones and shadowed them in white and added them in the other corner.  I cut the Haunted Wishes sentiment in black gloss card and shadowed it in white and glued it to the upper corner of the card.  I added the entire card to another piece of black card.  I ran some double sides tape around the edge and sprinkled it with Black Onyx glitter.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 3/4"  x  8"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x



























                                                                   
                                             Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, this is a nice card, although I am not into Halloween I know this would interest lots of people, thank you for sharing.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A great card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful Bride of Frankie in her red dress that really stands out against the black background. Yvonne xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
When I see your fabulous Halloween cards I wish I celebrated it! Today’s card has some clever techniques and is fantastic!
Hugs x
Heather T

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Great card and something a bit different in the way you have done the background.

Anonymous said...

Halloween has grown in the uk, but unfortunately card giving isn't part of this. I'd probably have to use the dies in shadow boxes or garlands. Lovely card though. WakeyL

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
I like how you’ve backed the haunted tree with acetate and the iridescent stars, a great Hallowe’en card

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a great shaker card, different and fun. Bx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, something a bit different today with your shaker card. I love the ethereal look that the acetate and clear and iridescent stars give to the tree.

Frances

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A very unusual card.
Love Helen xxx

sued99 said...

I love how you’ve done the tree. Great Halloween card. X

jean.phillips1 said...

Hi Sue, cute and scary card.

Thank you everyone who sent well wishes. I am home from hospital for the time being. Got to see the surgeon on Tuesday to discuss the next step now they have found the cause of my feeling unwell. Looks like a gallstone has slipped down my bile duct and attached itself to my liver. Got to have my gallbladder out now. Love Jean xxx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Brilliant card Sue x I love what you have done with the tree it looks fantastic x
Thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love the bright dress xx Hazel