Saturday 28 September 2024

To Wish You A Merry Christmas

 Hi there my crafty friends!  I selected a pixied piece from my stash to use for the background.  I used Midnight Blue and Purple Violet Pixie Powders on it.  I cut the Moonlight Sleigh Cover Plate in black.   I cut the die a second time in white and used the fall away pieces to paper piece the moon.  I added the Cover Plate die piece to a larger piece of white card.  I cut the To Wish You A Merry Christmas sentiment in black and added it to the shadow backing piece which I cut in white.  I added the sentiment below the cover plate with mounting foam.  I used the fall away stars from the cover plate which I cut a couple of times with the leftover piece from the pixied background around the sentiment as accents.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  8"  in size.  


Just wanted to let everyone know that the hurricane has passed through our area and we didn't have any damage from it.  I do not yet know what the areas surrounding us look like however.  I know from the local news that about 600,000 homes are without power in this county alone.  It definitely wasn't without damage to some of the surrounding areas north of us so it will be an uphill battle for many unfortunately.  My heart goes out to those who have suffered great damage from this storm.  Hopefully they will be able to rebuild and get up and running again soon.

All for now, Sue x


























                                                                               
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I’m so glad you were not affected by the hurricane but so sad so many were!
I love today’s card it’s quite magical!
Hugs x
Heather T

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, I am so pleased to hear that you are safe but devastated that so many others are still without power and damage to there homes, my heart goes out to all of them and hope that it is restored quickly.

This is a gorgeous card today, you never cease to amaze me with your designs.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card, fabulous background.
So pleased to know that you are safe.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
So glad you are safe and well,my heart goes out to all the other poor people.
Sue todays card is so lovely thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
So glad to hear that you are safe & had no damage. So sorry for all those that have had damage & no power.
Today's card is beautiful & I love your background. Take care Yvonne xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, so pleased you are all safe after the hurricane. What we have seen on tv here looks terrible and my heart goes out to those who were affected.
Beautiful card. Love Jean xxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
So glad that you’re safe and didn’t suffer any damage but my heart goes out to all those people who were badly affected. Love the moonlight scene and the pixied background is fabulous
Love and hugs to everyone
Pat