Tuesday 3 September 2024

Beware

Hello bloggers!  I selected a pixied piece from my background stash.  It was created using Midnight Blue Pixie Powders on white gloss card, spritzed with water then covered with scrunched up cling film and allowed to dry overnight.  I used the Double Stitched Rectangles and cut a white frame.  I added it over the background with mounting foam.  I cut the Skeleton Frame in black and nipped away the skeleton and added a white backing behind the pumpkins.  I cut a large white circle out of white gloss card and glued it inside the frame.  I added the Skeleton Frame on top and glued it into place.  I cut the Grim Reaper in black gloss card using mounting foam to where the skeleton was removed.  I cut a headstone in black and added it next to the Grim Reaper.  I cut the Beware sentiment out of both black and white card.  I shadowed it with the white die cut then glued it inside the frame.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 3/4"  x  8"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x







 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A brilliant card thank you
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous Grim Reaper card. Yvonne xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Wow that background is beautiful and compliments your fabulous card!
Hugs x
Heather T

Beryl said...

Lovely card. Love the coloured background.

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, scary Grim Reaper, I think that Children would love making this card,.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Anonymous said...

Another great background and card. WakeyL

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, another great card, love the background. Bx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A scary card with a great background.

Love Helen xxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A brilliant pixied background for the slightly scary Grim Reaper. Sorry I didn’t get to comment on yesterday’s beautiful Christmas card
Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Great post. Love the Grimm Reaper die set and want to get this for some mixed media projects. The background is so moody that it sets the dies off perfectly..

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a great card. I like the contrast between the matte and gloss black card and love the white behind the pumpkins - they look as though they are lit up.

Frances

jean.phillips1 said...

Hi Sue, great card. Love Jean xxx

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue, love the background xx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Brilliant card Sue x I love the background with your Halloween dies x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx