Sunday 15 September 2024

May Your Days Be Merry & Bright

Good Sunday morning all!  I started by stamping the snowflake from the Santa stamp set all over a piece of white card.  I used a clear perfect medium pad to stamp it with and sprinkled white embossing powder over the stamped images and heated them.  Next I cut the Looped Rectangles in black.  I cut a matching frame using the Double Stitched Rectangles in white.  I added mounting foam to the back of the frame, then added it to another piece of white card.  I taped the frame to the Looped Rectangles and added it to the card with mounting foam.  I cut the cottage from the Winter Wonderland die set in tan and backed it with a piece of custard card.  I added a tan colored roof and filled in the detail with a fine tipped felt pen.  I added several trees behind the building and next to it.  I cut the deer and baby out of brown card and glued them in front of the trees.  I added Iced Snow to the top of the trees and building for a frosty look.  I cut the May Your Days be Merry & Bright sentiment in black and glued it to a white shadow backing piece.  I added it below the focal element with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  8 3/4"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x








 
                                                          Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a stunning creation today, love the house and yes I have these dies so can have a play later.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful scene with your fabulous dies. Yvonne xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
This card has a feel good factor it's lovely thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Liz said...

A beautiful winter scene.
Liz xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I love today’s card it’s such a beautiful scene!
Hugs x
Heather T

Anonymous said...

Lovely card with a traditional feel to it. WakeyL

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A lovely traditional Christmas card. Like the subtle effect of the embossed snowflakes.

Love Helen xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a lovely card today, the stamped snowflake background is a great effect. Bx

sued99 said...

Great card. Love the snowflake background. X

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A beautiful post and particularly like the snowflake background.

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a gorgeous card, I love the Winter Wonderland set and the sentiment.

Frances

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue Lovely Christmas scene card I really like the snowflake background

Scottydog said...

I think this lovely card probably needs to be seen in real life as the close ups really show the beautiful details. Thank you Sue.

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel