Saturday 14 September 2024

Tis The Season

 Hello bloggers!  I started this card by cutting the Pierced Lattice background in both silver sparkle and black card.  I offset the two colours then added a black backing piece.  I cut the Christmas Angel 2024 out of both milk card and silver sparkle card.  I used the milk die cut as the base and I coloured the angel's hair and skin with pencils.  I nipped away the dress from the silver die cut, backed it in white and glued it to the milk die cut.  I cut the wings out of white card coated with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz and added them to the angel.  I cut the banner out of black card and glued the "Tis The season sentiment to it from the Festive Wordies sheets.  I added the angel to the middle of the card with mounting foam.  I cut the poinsettia from the Stylish Poinsettia die set out of Silver Sparkle card and added it to the corner with two white leaves as accents.  The entire card was added to a larger piece of white card that I glittered the edges with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  7"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x




























                                                                       
                                                 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

hazel young said...

Stunning Card Sue, love the colours xx Hazel

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card. I think I’d swap the black card for a more festive colour if I was making this.
B xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, I would never have thought to put these colours together for the Angel Christmas card but it is surprising how gorgeous it looks, I am going to try this out myself, thank you for sharing Sue xx

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card Thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card with your beautiful Angel & my favourite Poinsettia flower. Yvonne xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, gorgeous card. Love Jean xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a very striking card in contemporary colours today. Bx

Anonymous said...

Unusual background for a Christmas card in these colours but it does match the rest of the card. WakeyL

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I think that I would have to see this card IRL to appreciate it properly. I do like the monochrome look but there is just something about the Pierced Lattice background that just doesn't sit quite right for me, sorry.

Frances

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Unusual and striking, but it works! Beautiful post.

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Today’s card is lovely!
Hugs x
Heather T

sued99 said...

Very different but I really like it! X

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue
This card is beautiful, even if it is colours I wouldn’t normally use for a Christmas card but will give it ago now.
Crafty hugs Michelle Stanley xxx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

Nice to see the 2024 angel and in nice contemporary colours.

Love Helen xxx

Scottydog said...

A very striking card today. Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love the black, white and silver colour scheme, it is very striking

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Little Largo said...

Hello

Wonderful card. Great colours to use for the angel card.

Little Largo x

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Striking card Sue x your angel looks beautiful and I love the colours you have used x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx