Friday 6 September 2024

Merry Christmas

Hi there my crafty friends!  I started with a piece of antique gold card.  I used the star cluster stamp from the Santa Stamp set and inked it with a Clear Perfect Medium pad and stamped it randomly all over the edges of the card.  I sprinkled gold embossing powder on it then heated it.  I cut two of dies from the Stained Glass Rectangles in white.  I backed both of them with black card and matted them together, then added them to the middle of the card with mounting foam.  I stamped the Santa from the same set in black.  I coloured it with markers and a gold paint pen.  I cut it by hand (very easy to do) and added it to the matted rectangles with mounting foam.  I used some Fluffy Stuff on his hat and heated it to puff it up.  I stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment from the stamp set in black and matted it with gold and black mats.  I added it below the focal element with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white, gold and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x





 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card today with an adorable Santa. Yvonne xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very friendly Santa a lovely card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Fabulous post. Love the use of gold rather than red or green and this Santa is so loveable...

Anonymous said...

Great Christmas card Sue. WakeyL

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a really lovely Christmas card, love the stamped stars for the background. Bx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. So nice to see lots of stamping on the card today and this is such a jolly Santa I am sure everyone would be pleased to receive this card.

Lisbeth

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a lovely stamped image and so beautifully coloured, I am very weak with colouring as my hands shake too much but I certainly appreciate how clever people are who do colour regularly.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful Christmas card with the lovely Santa, the heat embossed background is gorgeous and is something I haven’t done for a long time
Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Beautiful card! This Santa has a nice friendly face, I love the background!
Hugs x
Heather T

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card. I love the background and the stamped Santa with his sparkly blue eyes :-)

Frances

sued99 said...

Love the card especially the gold background. X

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A lovely traditional Christmas card. Love the colours.

Love Helen xxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue
A stunning festive card! Very traditional Santa
Crafty hugs Michelle Stanley xxx

hazel young said...

Wonderful card Sue xx