Sunday 8 September 2024

May Your Days Be Merry & Bright

 Good Sunday morning all!  I started with a piece of milk card and embossed it with the Nordic Tiles embossing folder.  I cut the piece of a diagonal and added mounting foam to the backs of both pieces.  I scored a piece of antique gold card and attached the two pieces to it with a gap in between showing the scored card. I added two thin strips of gold card to each of the sides surrounding the gap.   Using the Build A Wreath die, I cut the wreath out of antique gold twice and once out of gold mirror card and  layered it together to create a fuller wreath.  I added a double milk coloured bow, glued it to the top of the wreath and added twigs as accents.  I added small  milk berries to the wreath as well.  I cut the May Your Days Be Merry & Bright sentiment out of both gold and black card.  I shadowed the gold die cut then glued it to a shadow backing piece.  I added it at the bottom of the card with mounting foam.  The card was completed with milk mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 3/4"  x  9 1/4"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x




























                                                                   
                                              Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card, I love the wreath.
Liz xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a beautiful Christmas card, it certainly deserves a day on the blog, I am going to try this, when you see the close up photos you can see all the glorious detail from the embossing folder and dies, on my list.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smiith xxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue
This card has definitely brighten my glumly Sunday! You must always have a wreath at Christmas.
Crafty hugs Michelle Stanley xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card, exquisite detail in the wreath.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
This is the most beautiful wreath die I have seen, the card is so pretty too thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Stunning card Sue x the wreath is beautiful and I love the milk and antique gold together, its so classy x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, wow, I really love this wreath die, what a beautiful card! Love Jean xxx

Lisbeth said...

Morning Sue. Love this wreath die as it is perfect for making more traditional cards and also contemporary cards.

Lisbeth

Helen Bell said...

HimSue

A gorgeous card. Love the dies you have used and the colours are so elegant.

Love Helen xxx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is beautiful!
Hugs x
Heather T

Anonymous said...

What a sophisticated looking card. No-one would believe these cards are handmade. WakeyL

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a gorgeous and elegant card, love it. Bx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
What a beautiful, elegant card, your wreath is gorgeous and I’ve always loved your channel cards

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

sued99 said...

Stunning card. I do like a wreath on a Christmas card. X

hazel young said...

A wonderful Christmas card Sue xx Hazel