Sunday 21 April 2024

You're A Real Classic

Good Sunday morning all!  I started by cutting the solid Tyre Track die eight times in black.  I glued them across the card to create the background.  Next I cut a multi-layered frame using the Double Stitched Rectangles.  I cut a wider white frame and added a thin black gloss frame on top.  I added mounting foam to the back of the frame and attached it to a piece of white card.  I added the frame to the background with mounting foam.  I cut the Vintage Car in tan card.  I used a thin fine lined felt marker to add in all the detail to the car.  I used a black marker to colour the tyres and added it to the inside of the frame with mounting foam.  I cut the You're A Real Classic sentiment in black and added it to a white shadow backing piece.  I added it below the frame with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  8 1/4"  in size. 


All for now, Sue x 




                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

June Smith said...

Good Sunday morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a beautiful crd, the close up pictures really do show the detail from the dies especially the tyre track one, so please I purchased this set.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a fabulous card, perfect for any car enthusiast
Marion S x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Anonymous said...

A great card sue perfect for all the car enthusiasts out there thank you sue xxxxxxxxxxxJune Horrocks stay safe my friends

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A great card thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is fabulous!
Hugs x
Heather T

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great post. Really liked this launch as it was a bit different from you.

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. A fabulous card. It's so good to see dies and cards that are men inspired ... Most crafters like myself ... have problems looking for ideas for man cards. Well search no more. This set of dies are just brilliant for getting the job done. Thankyou so much Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous car card, I especially love the tyre track background that you created to show off your vintage car. Yvonne xx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - I love this! Brilliant way to create a background too! Colleen xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a very classy card this morning, great background. Bx

Scottydog said...

Love the way you have created the background for this classy car. Another one for me to try. Thank you Sue.

Anonymous said...

I think the tyre track die would make an excellent embossing folder too. WakeyL

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, love everything about this card, especially the sentiment font. Love Jean xxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A dream card for a dream car, love the tyre track background too

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a great card and it is amazing how you manage to get so much detail into the dies.

Frances

sued99 said...

Great card. I love all the details on the car and the background looks amazing. X

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x the vintage car is brilliant and I love how you created the background x the sentiment is perfect x sorry haven't commented the last couple of days, been decluttering and was totally in the zone! Thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue xx Hazel

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue. I like this card. Must buy the tyre track die as it makes a great background.
Betty McAlister xx