Tuesday 2 April 2024

Have A Roaring Good Time

 Hello there my crafty friends!  I started today's card by cutting the Skylines Background out of taupe card and black card.  I nipped away all the background lines and just left the actual building in the taupe die cut.  I offset the back die cut behind the taupe die cut of the building.  I selected a piece of pixied card from my stash. it used Midnight Blue Pixie Powders and glued it behind the building.  I added it to a larger piece of white card.  I cut a small piece of acetate and taped it from the back of the skylines background and folded it at the top of the card, allowing an inch or so to hang down the front of the card.  I cut the airplane from the Travel In Style die set and glued it to the acetate.  I stamped Many Thanks onto the banner.  I added the Art Deco Have A Roaring Good Time sentiment in black and glued it beneath the Skylines Background.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 1/2"  x  9  1/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x






 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

26 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A brilliant card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a fabulous skyscraper with the plane and banner coming across, I like this one, have ordered the die so that will be coming to me soon. Fabulous colour choices too.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hug June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A fabulous card made with this art deco die.
B xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A fab post us one of my favourite dies from the launch…

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a fabulous card, love how the plane and banner appear to fly across the scene
Marion S x

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, love the background on this card and love that die! Beautiful card. Love Jean xxx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a great background you have chosen for this magnificent building. Love the plane flying over it which just makes the picture.

Lisbeth

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Wonderful card Sue x the skyline die looks amazing with the pixied background x I love the plane flying with the acetate, it's a brilliant idea x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

Such a striking card. Love the colours. I love how you gave the plane and banner flying across the card.

Love Helen xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, todays card is amazing, love the blue background, perfect for this die design. Bx

Anonymous said...

love this card sue the colours are fab and the plane banner great idea thank you sue stay safe my friends xxxxxxxx June Horrocks

Anonymous said...

Your pixie backgrounds are always astounding and vibrant. I heard you say on TV that you use gloss card; which is obviously where I've been going wrong. Another fantastic deco card. WakeyL

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - absolutely stunning! Gorgeous card, and I just love this die so much, it is definitely a must have! Colleen xx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Fabulous card with the skyline die, love the pixied background and how you’ve attached the plane to the piece of acetate

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is fabulous!
Hugs x
Heather T

Scottydog said...

Another Wow card. I just love pixies & love Art Deco so this is my sort of card. The idea of the plane & acetate is fab. Thank you Sue.

Carole Eaton said...

Love this stunning!

Little Largo said...

Hello

I really like this skylines background and the plane on acetate. The colour of the background is wonderful too.

Little Largo x

BenteS said...

Beautiful card and a great background die :))

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Fabulous card I love the pixied background and the skylines background

sued99 said...

Love this card and the added detail of the plane on the acetate. X

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a brilliant card and I love the Skylines Background die. I really liked the sample you showed on TV with gold card and a gold mirri card shadow, stunning.

Frances

Fluffycat said...

P.S. I love the little plane and banner flying by :-)

Frances

hazel young said...

Stunning card Sue, my favourite die of the collection xx Hazel

Maria said...

Gorgeous midnight blue pixie powders background. Maria x