Thursday 25 April 2024

Just Because

Hello crafters!  I started today's card by embossing a piece of white card with the Art Deco Arches embossing folder.  I needed to make to piece larger so I extended the pattern with a second emboss.  I cut a wide piece of red card and added a smaller strip of white and a smaller still piece of black card.  I glued it down the left side of the card.  I cut the Elegant Fanfare die in red and glued it to the right of the border.  Using the Art Deco Decorative Tag Duo, I cut four of them in black.  I crisscrossed three of the four and glued them together and added them to the red die cut.  I backed the last one with white card and seated it across the centre.  I cut the Art Deco Just Because in both red and black.  I shadowed it with the black die cut and glued it to the tag.  I cut the Floral Extravaganza and made a red flower.  I added it to the bottom of the border with white leaves as accents.   I completed the card with white, red and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8"  x  8" in size.  

                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a great way to extend an embossing folder, very clever. Another gorgeous sample in red, white and black, fabulous, thank you xx

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I remember when you first demonstrated extending an embossing folder and I was blown away! Today’s card is fabulous!
Hugs x
Heather T

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A spectacular card today, especially the embossed background. Beautiful colour combination used with your beautiful dies. Yvonne xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A brilliant card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A fab post today and love the colours…

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, great card, I have that embossing folder and love it! Love Jean xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a beautiful card, and in one of my favourite colour combos. Bx

Anonymous said...

Don't recall this embossing folder but it's great with this card. WakeyL

Scottydog said...

A great card, love the way you have changed the orientation of the die, so used to seeing it in the horizontal position. Thought the strips down the side were ribbon. Thank you Sue.

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I am sorry but today's card just doesn't sit quite right with me. I love the right side with the Art Deco Decorative Tag Duo, love the multiple twists however the left side immediately looked to me like a medal and ribbon and feels out of place. I hate it when I don't like all of a design but do like to be honest, sorry.

Frances

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the embossing folder is lovely and the art deco dies are so elegant x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

sued99 said...

I think all the elements of the card are great but they don’t really sit well together for me. Sorry. X

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Lovely art deco card but just a bit too busy for me, sorry I didn’t get around to commenting yesterday your card was absolutely fabulous especially the stamped background

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Marion Scott said...

Good afternoon Sue, a fabulous card and in classic art deco colours
Marion S x

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue, I always love this colour way xx

Betty McAlister said...

A very striking card x