Saturday 6 April 2024

Just For You

Hello bloggers!   For the background of today's card, I used a piece of white card on the top and scored a piece of raspberry card for the bottom.  I cut a thin strip of black card to go over the join area between the two cards.  For the focal element, I cut the Cora die with two pieces of white card.  I used the bottom embossed piece (as it doesn't cut all the way through and just leaves an embossed image) to colour the flowers in shades of yellow, orange and pink.  I added a piece of sticky adhesive sheet over the image, then added the white Cora die on top and sprinkled Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz all over it.  I cut the outer decorative die in white, then added the coloured Cora die on top.  I cut the Just For You sentiment in black and arranged the words to fit inside of a small white rectangular frame I made using the Double Stitched Rectangles.  I added it to the middle of the die cut  Using the French Marigold die, I made a single dimensional flower and inked it with yellow and orange distress inks.  I seated the flower at the corner of the join in the background and added some green leaves and a Splendid Swirl cut in white as an accent.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8"  in size. 


All for now,  Sue x






                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a gorgeous card and I love the colour combination
Marion S x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, what a beautiful card! I have this die so will have to have a go at colouring the flowers on it. Love the flower too. Love Jean xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card so pretty thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is so pretty the colours you’ve used are gorgeous!
Hugs x
Heather T

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, todays card is really pretty and has lovely bright spring colours. Bx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Wow what a fabulous fresh bright card. Yvonne xx

ursula said...

Another beautiful feminine card….liv Ursula xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card but the coral is a bit too prominent. WakeyL

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - I love this! So pretty! Colleen xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Such a pretty girly card today. I can see that the Cora die is one of your favourites as you have made so many different samples using it which is so great as it gives us so many ideas.

Lisbeth

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A very pretty card, love the French marigold flower with the splendid swirl accent

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful feminine post

Carol A said...

Hi sue so pretty love the colours ,
Hope everyone has a lovely crafty weekend, Carol A x

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue. What a lovely creation for us today I love the fancy flower work you have done too. Such a beautiful card. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well 🙏

sued99 said...

Gorgeous card. X

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

Very prettty card.

Love Helen xxx

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue xx Hazel

Maria said...

Pretty card. Maria x