Thursday 11 April 2024

Just Because

 Hello crafters!  I started with a piece of white card and cut the Elegant Fanfare die out of Ocean card twice.  I nipped the die apart and reassembled it into a larger square.  I glued it to the white card.  Next I cut the Elegant Stroll die in milk card.  I cut it again out of teal card.  I nipped away the dress, gloves and hat and glued it to the milk die cut.  I coloured her shoes, skin and hair with markers.  I cut the dog out of grey card and glued it to the die cut.  I added her with mounting foam to the left side of the frame.  I cut the Art Deco Just because sentiment out of both teal and black card.  I shadowed the sentiment then glued it to the top of the frame.  I cut a larger piece of white card and glittered the edge with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz, then added the other piece to it with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  8 1/4"  in size.






 
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful card, that lady is so elegant. Love Jean xxx

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue, love the style and colour xx Hazel

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautifully elegant card
Marion S x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very elegant lady and dog on a beautiful card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A very elegant card.
B xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A beautiful elegant and chic post…

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. I do love the elegant dies from the first art deco release and while I appreciate all the wonderful cars from the latest release I haven't commented on them individually in case I win them all. As I don't make so many cards these days I probably wouldn't be able to use them so I have left them for someone else who would love to use them.

Lisbeth

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is so pretty!
Hugs x
Heather T

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card with your very elegant lady. Yvonne xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a very elegant and classy card, love the attention to detail with the colouring. Bx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

I agree with others who have said this is a special and elegant card. Great that you can snip into your dies to make new shapes.

Love Helen xxx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what gorgeous Art Deconess! Perfect colours too - love it! Colleen xx

Anonymous said...

Elegant card (as I see has been said several times); I'd be delighted to receive it! WakeyL

rolfi said...

Hi Sue,

what a beautiful card of the Art Deco era.

Rolf xxx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a beautiful creation, love the colours, they are absolutely perfect. I have the dies so will have a play.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card and I love your oh so elegant lady and her equally stylish dog.

Frances

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Elegance personified, love everything about this beautiful card especially how you’ve made the elegant fanfare die bigger

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Liz said...

Beautiful card, great colour combination.
Liz xx

sued99 said...

Lovely elegant card. X

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fabulous card Sue x the lady is so elegant, just like yourself xxx I love the colours and how you have snipped at the fanfare die to make the frame x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Fabulous card I love the elegant lady!

Maria said...

Hi Sue. A nice card , like the frame you have made for this card. Maria.

Aunty Sue said...

Just so elegant and stunning

Little Largo said...

Hello

A beautiful card and elegant lady.

Little largo x

Ann Topp said...

Hi Sue and all that visit this Afternoon. I love this card Sue It reminds me of some art deco from years ago but with a more modern touch. Love the colours too. Thankyou . Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏 Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds