Monday 1 April 2024

For You

Hello bloggers!  I started today's card by embossing a piece of white card with the Interlocking Squares embossing folder.  Using the Elegant Fanfare die, I cut it twice in red and once in black card.  I nipped the die so that I was able to reassembled them into squares rather than rectangles.  I arranged the three dies so they were in a diamond orientation across the card.  I used a strip of white card and wove it between the three dies.  I added mounting foam to the back and added it to the centre of the card.  I cut the Decorative Tag Duo in red and backed it in red card I added it to the centre of the die cuts with mounting foam.  I cut the Art Deco For You sentiment in black and glued it to the card.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  






 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card lovely colours thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, lovely card. Love Jean xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a fabulous card, striking colour combo. Bx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Once again you have shown us how easy it is to alter the shape of the die cuts to suit the shape of the card you are making. I really ought to think about doing this more often because you can get so much more use out of your dies.

Lisbeth

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card
Marion S x

June Smith said...

Goo morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a beautiful sample today, love the colours, you always co-ordinate them perfectly, and by snipping them here and there you come up with such a beautiful sample, Stunning. Happy Easter Monday to you all.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Anonymous said...

Great to see the latest release being used in different formats. It's funny how the Americans are upsizing cards yet in the UK we seem to be going in the opposite direction (which I assume is to do with the cost of postage). I envisaged this on a smaller card with perhaps just one of the diamond die to fit on a smaller size card. WakeyL

Anonymous said...

this is a lovely card sue i love the squares and the lovely colours xxxxxxJune Horrocks xxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love the art deco buckle card, no matter how many times I tried I could never manage to make a buckle card

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Ronnie said...

Love this collection. Looking forward to using it. Love the art deco era. I already have a few ideas and my dies haven't arrived yet.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card & very striking colour combination. Yvonne xx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - this is gorgeous! Totally in love with your Art Deco Collection! 😍 Colleen xx

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Love this! Super colour combo!
Sharon in Toronto

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A very striking card with the colours and the shapes.

Love Helen xxx

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue, love the colour choice xx Hazel

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful - loving the vibrant colour...

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a very clever card but not too sure if it's for me.

Frances

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Beautiful card and clever use of dies!
Hugs x
Heather T

sued99 said...

What a great way to use the dies. Not keen on the colour combo but love the design. X

Little Largo said...

Hello


Such a vibrant card. I love how you change your die cuts to change the look.

Little Largo x

ursula said...

Oh I love this, true art deco...luv Ursula xx