Wednesday 10 July 2024

You Make My Heart Bloom

Hi there my crafty friends!   I started by cutting the two largest dies from the Looped Rectangles die set in white and matting them. Using the Wild Rose die set, I cut the largest flower out of soft lavender, lilac and iris card and added black centres to each flower.  I cut the smaller flowers out of teal, soft lavender and lilac card, add black centres to each flower.   I cut one side flower out of teal card, adding the half centre, then assembled the flower.   I cut a variety of stems out of green card.  I assembled all the flowers and stems together and added the flowers with glue dots (I use glue dots as they can be lifted up and repositioned easily)   I cut the large butterfly from the Bountiful butterflies die set.  I used a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card and coloured the white piece using the embossed lines as the pattern.  I assembled the butterfly, then glued it in the upper corner, leaving the wings bent upward slightly.  I cut the You Make My Heart Bloom sentiment in black and added it to the shadow backing piece cut in white.    I added it with mounting foam to the top of the card.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7”  x  8 ¼” in size.  


All for now, Sue x












                                                                                                                     









                                                                                  
                                                            Follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a very pretty card, love the colours used. I have been away for the past month or so and have a lot of blog posts to catch up on
Marion S x

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful card, love the flowers and colours used. Love Jean xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A very pretty card with your lovely roses. Yvonne xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another fabulous sample today, it is added to my list.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card.
B xx

Deb E isle of Wight said...

Beautiful post. Take the sentiment off and it would look fab in a frame as a piece of home decor....

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a really pretty floral creation today, great colours. Bx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. What a lovely lively card today Sue. I love these flowers and the colours are gorgeous. I would be very happy for this card to drop through my letter box. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

Lisbeth said...

Morning Sue. What a lovely, cheerful card today. It's so nice to see the pretty flowers on such a grey day here in Beckenham. I do particularly like the looped rectangle dies because they add detail without being over the top.

Lisbeth

Scottydog said...

A lovely card. Not a colour combination I would normally use but it works. Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A gorgeous card with the wild roses and the beautifully coloured butterfly, welcome back Marion

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A beautiful card. I love your looped dies and this gorgeous floral display looks fantastic on them. Love the cute colourful butterfly too.

Love Helen xxx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What a pretty card to feast our eyes on this morning!
Hugs x
Heather T

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, this is such a pretty and happy looking card. The new Wild Rose dies are lovely as is the little Bountiful Butterfly.

Frances

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the wild roses are so pretty and I love the colours you have used x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

hazel young said...

Blooming beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

Derek Murphy said...

Sue, this "You Make My Heart Bloom" card is absolutely stunning! The combination of soft lavender, lilac, iris, and teal for the flowers creates a beautiful and harmonious color palette. The intricate details from the Looped Rectangles and Bountiful Butterflies die sets add so much elegance to the design. The sentiment is heartwarming and perfectly placed. Thanks for sharing this lovely and inspiring creation!

beautysky

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
A pretty card today, sweet saying. The cards the last
few day are all very nice. Lovely colors x

sued99 said...

A very pretty card. I love the colours. X