Wednesday 3 July 2024

All Geared Up To Celebrate

 Hello there my crafty friends!  I started with a piece of black gloss card to use as the background.  From the Assorted Tool Border die set, I cut the border made up of tools nine time out of black card.  I glued the borders to the background, alternating the direction of the borders every other one.  I cut the Double Stitched Rectangles and made a thin frame cut from black gloss card.  I added mounting foam to the back of the frame, then attached it to a piece of milk card.  I added the frame to the background with mounting foam.  I cut the Volkswagen from the Classic car die set out of taupe card.  I used a pencil to add the detail to the car and a white pencil to add some soft highlights to the car.  I added it to the inside of the frame with mounting foam.  I cut the All Geared Up To Celebrate sentiment in black and glued it to a shadow backing piece before adding it below the framed car.  The card was completed with milk and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  7 1/2"  in size. 


 All for now, Sue x



















                                                                                 
                                                            Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all wilsonettes, super duper card card I love the way you have co-ordinated all the colours and the background gears etc. perfect for that man in your life.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
Fabulous card for a man.
B xx

hazel young said...

Wonderful card Sue xx Hazel

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
I love the clever back ground a great card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card for a car enthusiast. Yvonne xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a brilliant card, I think the Beetle and the Mini are my favourites from the car die sets. Bx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, fabulous card fir a man. Love Jean xxx

Scottydog said...

Another great background for your classic car. These dies are so useful. Thank you Sue.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What a fabulous card I love what you’ve done with the background such a clever idea!
Hugs x
Heather T

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love the background with the tools and of course my favourite car, the VW Beetle

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Brilliant card I really like the Beetle and the assorted tools border

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A great man’s card.

Love Helen Xxx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, this looks to be a very dark card but I think IRL the black gloss will make it shine. An excellent man's card.

Frances

sued99 said...

I love your car dies. They are so versatile. Great card. X

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x the background looks brilliant and I love the beetle x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx