Tuesday 16 July 2024

Best Wishes

 Hello bloggers!  For today's card, I cut the Wild Rose Cover Plate with a piece of antique gold card on top of a piece of white card.  I used the white card to colour the image with alcohol ink markers.  I used a gold paint pen to colour the leaves.  I glued the gold die cut on top once I finished colouring the image.  I cut the die one more time, but this time I used black gloss card.  I used the fall away pieces from the background and paper pieced them back into the die cut.  Using the Looped Rectangles, I cut two consecutive sizes out of white card and matted them together.  I added the cover plate die with tape.  I added a black card mat that I coated with Black onyx glitter underneath the looped rectangles.  I cut the Best Wishes sentiment from the Everyday Wordie sheets and added it with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6"  x  7"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x 

























 
                                                                                Follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue, love the colours xx Hazel

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, a beautiful creation which can be used for almost any occasion, and a popular die.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful example of the cover plate dies. Love the colour combo - a bit different but it works....

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a very pretty card
Marion S x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card today with your lovely wild rose cover plate. Yvonne xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, gorgeous card! Love Jean xxx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
WOW I love this. I am not usually a lover of black cards. But if anyone can change my mind it's you Sue. And more so with pink and gold. Lovely combination. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a really stunning card today, love these cover plate dies. Bx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Beryl said...

Beautiful card. Love the colour combination.

Lisbeth said...

Morning Sue. What a really stunning card today. It almost reminds me of the decoration you would see on a Japanese vase.

Lisbeth

Lynne L said...

Morning Sue Another beautiful card the wild roses are gorgeous

Scottydog said...

A lovely card using your rose cover plate but I’m not so sure about the colour combination! However everyone else likes it so must be me! Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card with the wild roses cover plate

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Anonymous said...

The gloss cards rather dramatic; but of course you can always substitute it for a different colour. WakeyL

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, this is a stunning card. I saw it first on my phone and the gold stood out much more than it does on the laptop. Love the colouring of the wild roses.

Frances

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A very pretty card that is made dramatic by the use of the black background.

Love Helen xxx

sued99 said...

Stunning card.x

Judy Hollers said...

Very striking card. Beautiful. Very sophisticated! Thanks for sharing. Hugs.

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What an absolutely beautiful card!
Hugs x
Heather T