Tuesday 2 July 2024

For You

 Hello bloggers!  I selected Sherbet, black and white card for today's card.  I started by cutting the outer die from the Diamond Radiance Background into the sherbet card.  I cut the die again but into white card.  I used the white die cut as an offset shadow behind the sherbet card die cut.  I added a black card behind as a backing piece.  I cut the Dazzling Diamonds die in white and layered it on to the middle of the background.  I cut the Art Deco For You sentiment in black.  I cut a small white square, then matted it with a thin black mat and glued it to the centre of the card.  Using the Double Stitched Rectangle die set, I cut a thin white frame and glued it to the sherbet background.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 3/4"  x  8"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x







                                                                                
                                                          Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful card, love the colour choice. Love Jean xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great post allowing the sentiment to do all the work as a topper...Love the deco dies and even in the pink the colours are beautiful...

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I love the colour combination you’ve used today! Your card is beautiful.
Hugs x
Heather T

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue, great colours xx Hazel

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful Art Deco card with a fabulous colour combination. Yvonne xx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A beautiful card and great colours.

Love Helen xxx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. The nice thing about your art deco collection is that the style allows you to use all sorts of bright colours that I wouldn't normally use on my cards. Love this card even though the sherbet wouldn't be a colour of choice for me.

Lisbeth

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, Sherbet, Black and white what a great combinations for this sample, brilliant.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a gorgeous card, love the colour combo. Bx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. Yes I love this one. I absolutely love these colours. I always love the art deco cards and the colours used on them can make them look so different. I will certainly make an attempt at this one. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful art deco card, love the dazzling diamond die

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a gorgeous card and I love the colours.

Frances

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Fabulous Art Deco card I love the colours! Sorry I have not commented for a few days I've been away with family

sued99 said...

A very striking card. The sherbert colour is amazing. X

Scottydog said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours & just screams art Deco. Thank you Sue.

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fabulous card Sue x the colours look great with the art deco dies x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx