Friday 17 May 2024

I Smile When I Think Of You

 Hello crafters!  For today's card, I started by stamping the crackle stamp from the Sending Sunshine stamp set in black all the way around a piece of white card.  Next I inked it with a combination of  Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick.  I cut the Della die with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.   I used alcohol ink markers to colour the leaves but I paper pieced the flowers with raspberry card.  I glued the black die cut on top of the white one, then added it to the middle of the card with mounting foam.  I cut the sentiment with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I used the middle die from the Della to cut them.  I added the word to the white die cut and taped it to the centre of the card.  The card was completed with white, raspberry and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8"  x  8"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x







 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card
Marion S x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing card, love how you used Della to build the wreath and paperpieced the flowers! This die is on my wishlist. Fabulous background too!

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A very beautiful card. I love how you have stamped and coloured the border and of course the flowers.

Love Helen xxx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is very pretty, I love the crackle stamp it’s so useful to use as backgrounds and so much more!
Hugs x
Heather T

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another gorgeous creation, love the colouring and the way you have done the paper piecing, I love that technique, I also like the fact that it is an 8" x 8" card, not good for postage as the costs are going up and up all the time but for hand delivered it is perfect. I have this on my list.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a very pretty floral card this morning, great background. Bx

Anonymous said...

i love the colours you have used for the flowers sue a very pretty card xxxxxxxJune Horrocks

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Wow what a beautiful card. The colours you have used are perfect & I love the sentiment. Yvonne xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful- love the crackle background stamp

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful bright card, love the background too. Love Jean xxx

Anonymous said...

Great background and card. It looks like you've taken ages to produce the background. WakeyL

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - absolutely gorgeous! And I adore how you’ve done the background too! Colleen xx

ursula said...

Wow beautiful, love that crackle background….luv Ursula xx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card. Love the background and the raspberry colouring.

Frances

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card and the crackle background is fantastic

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Today's card is so pretty Ibl9ve thd colours and the crackle background

Scottydog said...

Really like the crackle stamping & the paper piecing. Lovely card. Thank you Sue.

Little Largo said...

Hello

Just lovely! Love the paper piecing and the crackle background. Great colours too.

Little Largo x

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the crackle background looks fantastic and I love how you have used the della die x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Beryl said...

Beautiful card and sentiment

Liz said...

Beautiful card, lovely colour combination.
Liz xx

sued99 said...

Lovely card. X