Wednesday 8 May 2024

Have A Roaring Good Time

Hello crafters!  I used the Diamond Art Embossing folder to emboss a piece of antique gold card.  I extended the design to make a larger background.  Next I cut the Fantail Rosette and cut three of them in white and one in antique gold.  I cut the tail off of all the white die cuts and glued them to the top and bottom of the edges.  I added a thin strip of teal card to cover the cut edges.  I cut the Elegant Fanfare die.  I cut two of them out of teal card and one out of ocean card. I cut all three of them down in size and reassembled them into smaller squares.  I seated them across the card in a diamond orientation.  I added a white backing piece to the gold Rosette die cut and seated it across the three middle dies.  I cut the Have A Roaring Good Time out of both ocean and black card.  I shadow the sentiment then glued it to the centre of the card.  The card was completed with white, gold and teal mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/2"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x



























                                                                                   
                                                             Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another gorgeous art deco style card. I am loving the art deco embossing folder, I will have to check to see if I have that one.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Another great card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Absolutely stunning, I just love your art deco cards. Yvonne xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great post and really loving the embossing folder that was used.

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a great art deco card , love the embossed background
Marion S x

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, such a brilliant card, fab colour combo and great embossed background. Bx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Love the colours you have used today which make a really striking card. I am pleased that you have explained how you cut the dies down to make them fit into the card as that is something I don't always think about doing.

Lisbeth

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a stunning card, and the colour combination is just perfect! Colleen xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, lovely card, love that embossing folder (which I have). Love Jean xxx

Scottydog said...

A lovely jewel coloured art deco card this morning. Love the embossing folder. Thank you Sue.

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, not too sure about this card but I do love the Diamond Art Embossing folder it looks stunning.

Frances

Anonymous said...

A very special card sue love it thank youxxxx June HORROCKS XXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Very opulent. WakeyL

sued99 said...

Great card x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Wonderful card Sue x the colours are gorgeous and the dies look so elegant x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

sued99 said...

Love the colours and the way you’ve used the dies differently. X

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What a gorgeous Art Deco style card the colour combination is beautiful!
Hugs x
Heather T