Monday 27 May 2024

Congratulations

 Hello crafters!  I selected a piece of Sherbet card to use for the background.  Using the Swirl stamp from the Sending Sunshine stamp set, I inked it with a clear Perfect Medium pad and randomly stamped it all the way around the edges of the card.  Next I cut the Wild Rose Cover Plate with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I coloured the image on the white piece of card using alcohol ink markers.  I glued the black die cut on top of it.  I die cut the die again out of a piece of white card covered with a sticky adhesive sheet and coated with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  I used the background fall away pieces and paper pieced them into the die for a sparkly background.  I cut the Congratulations out of the Wordie Sheets and added it with mounting foam to the middle of the card.  I matted it with a piece of white card and added it to the background.  The card was completed with white mats and layer.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  8 1/2" in size.  


All for now, Sue x









                                                                                
                                                           Follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a great fantastic car sample today, I love these dies, I especially love paper piecing so this is right up my street.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A pretty sparkly card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card & I love paper piecing so it's right up my street. Yvonne xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card, love the paper piercing and the stamped background
Marion S x

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
A beautiful card and what a gorgeous set of colours you have used. A change of sentiment and this could be used for many occasions. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well everyone 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I love everything about today’s card it’s beautiful!
Hugs x
Heather T

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. I do love these clean and simple cards and you have made it so easy to achieve with your dies.

Lisbeth

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So beautiful with the stamped background and the Wild Rose Cover Plate! Love the colour choice too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and thanks for the reminder to use plain card and add perfect medium in the background with a stamp. WakeyL

Anonymous said...

Morning Sue, another beautiful card. Love the colours. Love Jean xxx

Scottydog said...

I must admit I forget to create backgrounds with my stamps. Thank you for the reminder. I also enjoy paper piecing so this is a card for me. Thank you Sue.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a gorgeous card today, love the colours and the stamped background. Bx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love this gorgeous CAS card it is just my cup of tea. Love the stamped background and the colouring too, beautiful.

Frances

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

One of my favourites. It’s beautiful. Love the colours.

Love Helen xxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A gorgeous card, love the stamped background too

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

sued99 said...

So pretty. A truly gorgeous card. X

Anonymous said...

i’ve this card sue the flowers are beautiful such a deep blue and the words are great thanks for the dies for this sue all my love June Horrocks xxxxxxxxxxx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the rose cover plate is so pretty and I love how you have coloured the flowers x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A gorgeous post using the fab cover plate dies from the recent collection- love it…