Tuesday 28 May 2024

Happy Birthday

Hello there my crafty friends!  I started today's card by using the You're A Classic from the Vintage Cars stamp set.  I stamped it randomly all over a piece of white card using a Black Archival ink pad.  Next I used the Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink and inked around the edges of the card.  I cut a multi-layered frame using the Double Stitched Rectangles.  I cut a wider white base and added a thinner blue frame on top.  In order to get the colours to match, I used the same ink on the thinner frame.  I cut the vintage car out of card that I inked with the same distress ink colour.  I used a fine tipped felt pen to add in the detail in the car.  .  I added it inside the frame with mounting foam.  I stamped the Happy Birthday from the same stamp set and inked the edges of it with the blue ink.  I added it with mounting foam inside the frame.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  8 3/4"  in size.  


All for now. Sue x 





                                                                              
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another gorgeous card card, the colouring is perfect,I like the stamped background and the double stitched frame around the blue car.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

This is a fun card in great colours.

Love Helen xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A brilliant card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

hazel young said...

Fantastic card Sue xx Hazel

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Brilliant card Sue x I love the stamped background and the vintage car looks fantastic in your frame x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great post for any petrolhead- love it …

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card for anyone who loves their cars. Fabulous background. Yvonne xx

Beryl said...

Lovely card. Love the background.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a great card today. Bx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, fabulous card, must try this background as I have those stamps but never think to use them for backgrounds. Thanks for the inspiration. Love Jean xxx

Scottydog said...

One for. Me to have a go at. A great card, thank you Sue.

Anonymous said...

Great card. WakeyL

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, great card, love the stamped background
Marion S x

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a great card and I love the colour.

Frances

sued99 said...

I love the stamped background it’s not something I ever think to do but it’s very effective. X

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
I’ve just been catching up on missed posts and love this card and the way you’ve stamped the background!
Hugs x
Heather T