Thursday 2 May 2024

Fabulous Friend

Hello crafters!  I selected a piece of lilac card and used the Decorative Drapes Border and cut it into the card at the top and bottom of the card.  I backed it with a piece of black card.  I used the Stained Glass Harvest die and cut the outer decorative die in black.  I cut the middle die in white and layered it on top.  Using the Elegant Stroll die, I cut it out of milk card to create the base.  I cut it again out of lilac card for the dress, gloves and hat and cut the dog out of pale grey card.  I nipped away the dress and hat and glued it to the base die.  I coloured her hair, skin and shoes.  I put a little piece of lilac card over the dress in the die and cut it a couple more times.  I used the pieces to layer the dress with ruffles.  I added the piece onto the oval background and added it with mounting foam.  I cut the Art Deco Fabulous Friend out of black card and glued it to the bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimension are 7 1/2"  x  9 1/4" in size. 

https://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/product/creative-expressions-sue-wilson-art-deco-elegant-stroll-craft-die/

All for now, Sue x
 




 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh this is gorgeous, I have used the lady and dog a lot lately, but am certainly going to try the layering. I think it is a beautiful die set.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A fabulous card so elegant thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A very elegant card, I love the lady & dog. Yvonne xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is absolutely beautiful!
Hugs x
Heather T

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A fabulous card..
B xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What an elegant card today. I love how you have used dies from different collections to make the card and they all work so well together. Thank you for showing us how to do it.

Lisbeth

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, such a classy and graceful card today. Love the combination of Lilac and Black. Bx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a gorgeous card! And it’s Art Deco as a bonus - my favourite! Colleen xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful card, love the elegant lady! Love Jean xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A very elegant post today that any ‘fabulous friend’ would be more than happy to receive.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A great mix of your dies to create today’s beautiful card, love the ruffles on her dress

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fabulous card Sue x the harvest frame looks wonderful with your lady die x it shows how well your dies all mix and match x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Anonymous said...

what a lovely card sue great dies
and great cards to recieve xxxxxxxxJune Horrocks xxxxxc

Judy Hollers said...

Love the Elegant Stroll die! Beautiful Hugs.

sued99 said...

Gorgeous card and I love the
Layering on the dress. X

Scottydog said...

An elegant card for an elegant lady, the mixture of dies work so well. Thank you Sue.

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue What a fabulous card I love the glamorous lady and the combination of dies and colours

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card and I love the addition of ruffles to the very elegant lady's dress, gorgeous.

Frances

Anonymous said...

Love the card, it's a shame there wasn't a male in the art deco release or you could have had a couple and or without the dog. WakeyL