Thursday 9 May 2024

I Smile When I Think Of You

 Hello there my crafty friends!  I selected a piece of Iris card for the background of today's card.  Using the Coronet Lace Border set, I cut two white borders and two black borders.  I shadowed the white borders with the black borders and then glued them to the top and bottom edges of the card.  Next I cut the Gloria die in white and nipped it in half.  I cut the Cora die with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card. I used the white copy to colour the flowers in different colours.  I added the black die cut on top of it.  I cut the other die from the set in white and seated the Cora on top of it.  I gued the two pieces of the Gloria die to the top and bottom edges of the Cora die.  I added it to the centre of the card with mounting foam.  I cut the I Smile When I Think Of You sentiment in black and glue it to a white shadow backing piece.  I seated it across the centre of the Cora die with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  9 1/4"  in size.  

https://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/product/creative-expressions-sue-wilson-frames-tags-cora-craft-die/

All for now, Sue x






 
                                                          Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue
A lovely colourful card
Marion S x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card & I love how you have coloured the flowers. Yvonne xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Not sure today - as usual love the elements and know it will be a hit with everyone else but....

Anonymous said...

Pretty card, not sure about the colouring as, for me, it looks out of place. Sorry. WakeyL

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, love todays pretty colourful card, and another fab sentiment. Bx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful card. I have the Cora die, love the way you have coloured it. Must try this. Love Jeanxxxx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, a lovely card with lots of colouring in the middle.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Scottydog said...

A lovely card with lots of elements. Thank you Sue.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. I love all the dies from this collection as they make it so easy to make a stunning card.

Lisbeth

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Lovely card the colours and dies are pretty

Anonymous said...

love this card suethe sentiment is perfect the colours you have used and the flowers i love thank you xxxxx June Horrocks xxxxxxx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the lace border die is so pretty and I love the gloria and cora dies x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Apologies for not commenting the last 2 days, a lovely card today and I like the way you’ve edged the Cora die with the Gloria

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Judy Hollers said...

Love this sentiment and all the bright colors you have used. Hugs.

hazel young said...

Pretty card Sue xx Hazel

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A very beautiful card. The colours are lovely.

Love Helen xxx

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Such a fabulous card in pretty colours!
Hugs x
Heather T