Sunday 9 October 2011

Nature's Botanicals

Morning all!  Here is a card that I made quite awhile back, May or June I think.  It just never got posted so I thought it should have its day today.  My love of polka dots shows through with this one, in the background paper and the ribbon.  This is a fun technique where you stamp your image, colour it and then attach acrylic fragment pieces to it.  I used glossy accents for that.  Let it dry throughly and then cut the pieces apart.  Then reassemble the pieces and mount onto a black background with a slight gap between them.  I mounted them on the beaded square nestie shape and added black rhinestones to the border.  It is difficult to see but I did a bit of sewing around the edge of the pink background paper.  I tied a fancy bow using the white organza polka dot ribbon and added a black button from my craft stash and a few decorative pins.  I have been asked this question many times about how I secure the ends of the pins so you don't get stuck.  There are several ways to do this, but I either stick the ends into background cardstock (usually, I mat and layer so there is enough thickness there) or I stick the ends so that they are embedded into the knot of the bow.  I have never had any problems with getting stuck by them.  I did also make sure these pins were not as long in length as the ones that I had seen on the market as I found them to be a problem.  You can also purchase very inexpensively, earring backs that will fit them too.  I added some rhinestone swirls to fill in the background a bit and voila, finished!  I would love to know what you think.  All for now, Sue x

35 comments:

Sandra F said...

Another super card Sue. xx

Christine said...

You spoil us Sue, this is another gorgeous card.
Thanks for your tips re the Pins, must get round to having some.
Hope all is well with your folks.
Hugs
Christine xx

Kate's Cards said...

Sue you are amazing. You just keep giving with all of your cards, they are all marvellous and minture works of art. Thank you. xx

Rita said...

Stunning card Sue. Thank-You so much for all the little secrets you tell us as thats what makes your cards so special. Have a nice day. Hugs Rita xxx

Christine B. said...

A fabulous card, love the fragments they work so well with that die cut. Thanks for all the hints and tips. Hugs x ChrisB

Missmizog said...

Thanks for all the tips. Fantastic card as usual.
Sue

eileen.fj said...

Hi Sue
Another really special card-love the subtle colouring and the swirls.

Eileen x

PaulineC said...

This is absolutely stunning. I must have a go at that technique as it gives a great effect. Thanks for sharing it.

Clai01 said...

This ia lovely card, i like the pink and black combo and it is a great design, thanks for the tips and ideas, great blog!

Unknown said...

Lovely. I really like that stamp set. Love the Polka dot ribbon too. Julia xxx

KimberleyG said...

I keep meaning to use pins, but it hasn't happened yet. Beautiful card. Nice tile technique.

Sandra said...

Fantatic card Sue,Thanks for sharing this with us x

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is stunning.

Anne said...

Another wonderful card Sue as usual,so glad I found your blog x x x

violetclouds said...

I love the way you have used the beaded nestie to echo the polka dots. Plus thanks for the tips on how to use the pins!

Liz said...

lovely card

Vee said...

fantastic. love the circular theme running through the card.

Marie-Louise said...

Lovely card.

freedom99 said...

Love black and pink, perfect for the ladies without being girly.
Love seeing your cards we are being spoilt. Love seeing your email it brightens my day.

Rufus said...

Neat technique! Love the polka dots.
R/

Neha Jain said...

its so cute

DEBBIE said...

SUE LOVE THIS ONE.
DEBBIE

Carole Z said...

love the colours black and pink together and the technique with the stamp, which I am going to try...I am really getting into using the pins in my cards too x

Bee and Dee said...

Beautiful card and thank you for the tip around the pins. hugs Bee

Lorraine said...

wow this is stunning and such a clever technique it looks fab xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Fab card loving the dotty ribbon!trace x

Barbara Phillips said...

Lovely card, like the acrylic pieces, will try that technique. You never fail to give us new ideas and lots of inspiration.

Papercraft By Carole said...

Like this technique - very effective. Cxx

Craftypurpledragon said...

Hi Sue,
Love the acrylic part of this one. I'll have to try this technique.
Love and Light.
Suz x

Sarpreet said...

hi Sue, this is stunning, love the colours and your layout adds a soft touch to the flower image

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

This is my fav out of all of them ! The pink and black look fab together . Love this design

miislucky said...

Totally love this technique! This card looks absolutely beautiful! I'll have to try this myself, seeing as how I love to stamp. Mimi

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Lovely card! Love the acrylic fragments. I will have to try this technique myself.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

Aileen said...

Fantastic card, have not heard of acrylic fragments,but love the look they give.
I love stamping and colouring and this is a different way to make the stamp stand out.
I love your shows on C&C so glad to have found your blog xx

Pamela said...

It doesn't seem to matter what colour you put with black they always look stunning, this is a lovely card