Tuesday 4 October 2011

More Earthtones!

Hi everyone!  More earthtones for todays post so I hope you don't mind.  I was really drawn to the new vintage ribbon colours, but this time I used a creamy yellow as a background with them.  This card was designed with the sole purpose of showing off the new edgeability dies.  I have layered up my border using them with the rust card cut with the triple scallop edge. The dark brown border was cut using the large scallop die with the half circle insert.  I cut both sides of the border for symmetry.  You may need to click on the picture to see the detail on the very centre of the border, but I embossed the very centre piece so that it was raised up into the decorative holes in the middle.  These dies allow you to create borders with customized special details which is one of the reasons that makes them such special tools to crafters.  You can punch a border, but I don't think that I could emboss another colour into a punched border like I was able to do here quickly and easily too.  I wrapped the ribbon vertically around the card, but under the border before adding a bow and finishing it with a cream organza rose and a couple of crystal decorative stick pins.  A bit of piercing and matting and layering to bring the colours from the card into the edge finishes off this simple card.  Quite easily reproducible for a quick card for a special friend.  All for now, Sue x

32 comments:

Uta said...

A wonderful card.

Papercraft By Carole said...

Wow - that's clever,although I think I might have to see a demo to fully understand how you did it!! Cxx

Jan said...

Super card, it's gorgeous! xx Jan

Soo said...

The embossing adds a real bit of interest and luxury. Lovely.

Maryann Laursen said...

Such a gorgeous card here again. It looks really great. I love the rose, you´ve put in the middle of the bow here, it looks so elegant.

Fiona said...

Love the way you've done the middle of the border

Unknown said...

Stunning! Julia xxx

Rita said...

Another Fabulous card Sue. Love those ribbons. The embossing is wonderful and makes the card stand out beautifully. Hugs Rita xxxx

Wellington said...

I remember you demo-ing the technique of embossing another colour of card so thatit pushes up through the holes & I'm dying to try that out

eileen.fj said...

Hi Sue
Another stunning card. The vintage ribbon colours are really lovely.

Eileen x

Karen said...

I dread to think how many nesties you have but you make good use of them all and I love the cards you make with them. Thanks for sharing!

Christine said...

Hi Sue, another stunner from you. I think I remember you doing a demo with this embossing technique. Will re-watch my recording and take notes.
Lovely colours too.
Hugs
Christine xx

Sandra F said...

Another gorgeous card Sue. I don't know how you do it.I love the new colours of the ribbon and can't wait to get some.

Craftypurpledragon said...

Hi Sue,
Loving the autumnal colours. I think you should definitely do a Spellbinders techniques DVD.
Take care and Love and Light.
Suz x

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a great card. I love the colors and embellishments.

Clai01 said...

The ribbon looks very effective with the cream rose and I agree about doing a spellbinders dvd, would be great to learn all the techniques.

Hellma said...

WOW love this card, might use it as inspiration but in crimbo colors.

Kate's Cards said...

Lovely colours Sue - really unusual.
I hope this message works as I have been having trouble leaving comments and haven't succeeded for about two weeks!!

Missmizog said...

Ab fab card. Colours are fantastic as usual
Sue

KimberleyG said...

The embossing into the center is absolutely fabulous. I can't say I would have thought of it myself.

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

This is a great card I tried something similar with red cream and black ...loving the edgies !!

PaulineC said...

The edgeability dies are certainly very versatile when you use them. Another lovely card.

Bee and Dee said...

Another wonderful card hugs Bee

Christine B. said...

Great dies and another great card. Take care Hugs x ChrisB

Vee said...

Super job. love how you feature that die. very striking.

Rufus said...

Would love to know how you do that bow...all at once or each color separate and then layer? VERY pretty card!!
R/

DEBBIE said...

SUE LOVELY CARD
JUST TO SEE SOMEONE DO A DIFFRENT SPIN ON CARDS
FROM DEBBIE

Barbara Phillips said...

Lovely card especially the bow.

Mimi said...

Love how you used the edgabilities. Great job! Mimi

Carole Z said...

Beautiful Sue, I love the edgeabilities, but have to wait - I spent too much when you were on c&c in August! Carole x

Neha Jain said...

beautiful n gorgeous

Janet said...

I just love the colours on this card