Sunday 16 October 2011

A Christmas Quickie Card

Happy Sunday afternoon.  I thought I would show you a quickie Christmas card as that time is rapidly approaching (for those of us ostriches).  I stamped our new Christmas wreath on white card and coloured it with Forest Moss distress ink by painting the leaves.  I added some red twinkles for the berries.  I cut it out with the Spellbinders Picot edge circles and added a small red bow of vintage ribbon. I embossed the white background using our large polka dot mask so it would have some tecture.   The background was then wrapped with some of the red Bakers Twine around the side of the card three times. I added a white button and tied the twine into a bow.  I matted that piece on another piece of white card and added some white pearl PVA glue dots to the edge. One more layer of white for balance (I don't like my dots to be on the outside) and the card is ready for Christmas giving.  We have got to start thinking about Christmas as it will be upon us in no time at all! I can hear the groans already!  All for now, Sue x

29 comments:

Sandra F said...

It's stunning Sue

Unknown said...

Getting ahead of yourself Girl - it's Sunday (at least I hope it is 'cos my kids will have missed school if today is Monday!). Anyway love the card, the stamp, the Baker's twine. Julia xxxx

Joanne K said...

Lovely card Sue, I have just sat and written out my Christmas cards, just to see if I needed to make anymore. I am happy to say that I have enough and now I get on to the serious stuff and just play x x

Maryann Laursen said...

This is just wonderful Sue. Very simple, but oh so gorgeous. I like it really a lot.

PaulineC said...

I love the holly wreath. The die cut really sets it off well.

Uta said...

A wonderful christmas card.

Hugs, Uta

Bee and Dee said...

Lovely card, hope it's okay will case it. Christmas is creeping up faster than we want. Hugs Bee

eileen.fj said...

Hi Sue
A lovely Christmas card - simple but effective.

Eileen x

KimberleyG said...

I really like the pops of red.

Kate's Cards said...

Loving the bakers twine!! Really must start my cards sometime (groan).

Debbie said...

Simple lines but absolutely stunning Sue.Love Debbie x

Lorraine said...

this is fsb i love the white on white with a coloured image xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Sue! No groans, am well into Christmas cardmaking mode! Lovely card, I'm really keen on White on White this Christmas x

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great Christmas card.

Missmizog said...

Another fantastic card Sue. Love the white on white.

Anne said...

Started mine too Sue...love the card been using the bakers twine on a lot of my cards my second addiction to Spellbinders! Hugs Anne x

Christine B. said...

Great card, love it. Hugs x ChrisB

Barbara Phillips said...

Lovely card , love the white background and the stamp is fab.

Neha Jain said...

its just wow

Sandra said...

Beautiful card
Sandra x

Papercraft By Carole said...

Beuatifully simple card. Cxx

Clai01 said...

That looks very effective, the bakers twine sets it off against the white background,
lovely card

LellyJelly said...

Although this is a quickie it would fool any of my recipients!x

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Lovely card Sue! It's a simple look, but very effective. I'm loving the bakers twine and I really must get myself some.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

Anonymous said...

I love how simple and clean this card is. I know what I'll be doing with my wreath stamp this year!!

Sue C

miislucky said...

Very pretty Sue. You make it look so simple. I love the little extras you put into it. Mimi

Pamela said...

What a really elegant card, simplicity at it's best

Bernie said...

Stunning! Love the design and the baker's twine and button goes so perfectly with the wreath!
Blessings Bernie

Craftypurpledragon said...

Hi Sue,
I haven't really used my stamps with my Spellbinders yet but will have to give it ago.
Love and Light.
Suz x