Saturday 15 October 2011

Sparkly Poinsettias






















Good morning all!  I really like the way this card came out, but it is a pity that my photography skills aren't any better, huh?!  The background is white and that is always an issue, but you are  able to enlarge it to see the detail if you would like.  I used the Layered Poinsettia die from Spellbinders to create these three flowers.  They are actually a soft mauve in real life too.  I added some Cosmic Shimmer Twinkles to the flowers for a bit of bling.  The dusty rose frilly edged ribbon is woven between them from top to bottom.  I used Label twenty three to cut both aperature openings and I embossed the top background white card with my favourite Lattice embossing folder.  You know I love the pierced edge and I just had to add it on here (another obsession, I guess, add it to the ribbon one!)  I did do a bit of stamping with the pine sprig stamp behind the sentiment and embossed it with aurora sparkle powder. It adds a bit more bling to the card overall.  What can I say, I was feeling Chrismassy when I made this one!  All for now, Sue x

31 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful Sue, pleased to see you sharing christmas ideas with your followers. Lables 23 is a definate must have and at the top of my wish list.
Gorgeous Poinsettias too.
Hugs
Christine
xx

Maryann Laursen said...

It´s just gorgeous Sue, and I too love, how it looks. The poinsettia is always looking good on christmascards, and this is beautiful.

Unknown said...

This would look lovely on the front of a Christmas Scrapbook. Very pretty! Love, Julia xxx

Fuchsia said...

Lovely idea beautiful colors !

PaulineC said...

It's lovely. All the sparkly bling looks great.

Kate's Cards said...

Very pretty Sue.

Soo said...

Gotta love some Christmas bling!!!

Sandra said...

Once again a stunning card Sue and thanks for the tutorial
Sandra x

Clai01 said...

Thanks for sharing your tips and ideas Sue, it's lovely to see various ways of using the dies especially when you're not on tv, lovely card and very festive.

Missmizog said...

I really like the cosmic shimmers on the poinsettia's. Another stunner x
Sue

gill said...

Love these poinsettas. I have used them this afternoon on some Xmas gift boxes I am making and they finish them off a treat !

Gill

lilygee said...

Yes the shimmer really shows up when it is enlarged - and the piercing always finishes a card beautifully - I must try it but I need to get one of those things you pierce into (don't know the name) so that the holes are equally spaced. The colour is subtle, nicer than red I think - love it Sue! I don't have those poinsettias but I'm sure gonna get them soon.

Elizabeth said...

Another brilliant card - the poinsettias are gorgeous. Elizabeth x

Marie-Louise said...

A lovely card - very different.

Lorraine said...

sue this is so beautiful i so love the nesties you have used in the centre too(did you hear that santa)lol
a real stunning make xx

Bernie said...

Oh My goodness I do love this card. The color of the flowers is amazing!! I LOVE, love, love the way you created the window!!!! The embossing is lovely.
Blessings Bernie

Rufus said...

Lovely! Like the color for the poinsettias, not so in your face as red.
R/

Papercraft By Carole said...

Very pretty colour combination. Cxx

DEBBIE said...

SUE LOVELY CARD AND I LOVE THE COLOURS
DEBBIE

eileen.fj said...

Hi Sue
Yet another beautiful card and the colours are lovely

Eileen x

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

I'd love to receive such a beautiful Christmas card as this.

Sandra F said...

Another beautiful card Sue.

KimberleyG said...

I like the sparkly pink pine needles.

Carole Z said...

Very pretty card...I have these poinsettia dies & love them x

Barbara Phillips said...

A beautiful card, love the colours.

Neha Jain said...

beautiful

LellyJelly said...

What a pretty card. Love the spotty leaves - that bright green really makes the card 'pop'.x

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Gorgeous card Sue! Love the poinsettias with the added sparkle. Very pretty.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

Anonymous said...

Love it.

Sue C

miislucky said...

Love the sparkle! This one came out as pretty as the last. Great job! Mimi

Pamela said...

Gorgeous Card