Saturday 8 October 2011

A Real Fav!

Hi all!  I thought that I had already posted this card, but I can't seem to find it.  I must have imagined it, I guess!  I love, love, love the contrast of the black and white and this orangey-red-persimmon( ?) colour.  Trust me when I say the photo doesn't do it justice as it is such an unusual colour.and it just pops out against the black.  Notice anything unusual about this card?  No ribbon!  You are probably thinking, Sue didn't make this one!  Ah, but I did.  I absolutely love the Samantha Walker Ornate Tag die I used here.  There is just something about the shape of it with the little swirly part top and bottom that just speaks to me.  Again, this is the negative piece that I have used, raised it up and added the black mat below it.  This die is unique in that it has a matching inner shape that allows you to cut a negative mat piece.  I used our leaf mask to emboss the background while the die was still in place so I ended up with everything e,mbossed except the edge of the die, giving it a bit of a nice frame.  I added some piercing on my wide black mat which allows the white from below to show through and frame the piece nicely and add the balance from the centre.  I think it draws the eye in towards the centre, so no need for ribbon or swirls on this one.  (See, I can fight that compulsion it if I really try!)  Sometimes, when you finish a card you just want to look at it for awhile (or is it just me?), this one had me sailing because it really floats my boat! LOL  Whatcha think?  All for now, Sue x

34 comments:

Ger said...

It's beautiful, the die, the colours, the embossing (love that trick of embossing with the die still in place, what a lovely effect), the piercing. LOL at no ribbon though! Lovely card. Ger x.

Rita said...

What a Stunning card Sue. The colours are so striking and make it really stand out. Love those masks, need to add them to my wish list. I look forward to the mornings to see what you have created and its a great way to start the day. Hugs Rita xxx

Maryann Laursen said...

Lovely card here again Sue. I too think these colors really pops out on the card. It´s kept really simple, but ooooooooooooh so elegant. And it could just work for absolutely any occasion ever, which sometimes is really great to have in store. Wonderful card hun.
Have a wonderful week-end everyone and lots of fun.

Carole Z said...

Lovely striking card Sue..and you are right, it doesn't need ribbon! I haven't yet been able to resist my compulsion for ribbon though :). I did a craft event during the week - helping people make cards. I took along some of my "Sue Wilson inspired' creations and everyone loved them. I had to demo the ruched ribbon effect as lots of people asked!

Christine B. said...

Beautiful elegant card. No need for the ribbon. Have a great weekend. Hugs x ChrisB

eileen.fj said...

Hi Sue
What an elegant and striking card. I love the shape of the die and the way you have used it.

Eileen x

Fiona said...

Love using the mask and then the negative. More inspiration!

JULIEMCRANE said...

Hi Sue

What a difference to your usual style, just goes to show your a true crafter and can master more than one look. Love the colour, style and simplicity of it. LOVE IT

Julie x

SandyF said...

A lovely card. Love the orange and black together

Uta said...

A wonderful card. I like the red with the black and the slogan is so beautiful.

Vee said...

sue, you are spoiling me. i am loving all of the cards you are posting. i too was amazed with the minimal embellishing..lol...but it works on so many levels.
thx.

Christine said...

Fabulous card Sue, surprised not see your normal signature ribbon but this card doesn't need anything adding. I love the colours together and the mask,
Hugs
Christine xx

irinka said...

very elegant card

PaulineC said...

It is lovely to see something which is really different from your usual style. Love the die cuts.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is gorgeous.

Kate's Cards said...

Elegant!

Missmizog said...

Colours are great I like the negative
Sue

KimberleyG said...

Sometimes simple is best. Beautiful card.

Sheila H. said...

Hi Sue,
Another stunning card.They say less is more and this card certainly makes a statement.Lovely.xx

Bee and Dee said...

Stunning
Imaginative
Mmmmmmmmm
Pleasing
Lovely
Elegant

hugs Bee

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card.

Lorraine said...

i really like this card and i don't think it needed anything else added it looks great especially the embossing and the peircing too all of these details make the card beautiful xx

Rufus said...

Like that die! Also the embossing with the die in place.
R/

LellyJelly said...

This is fab, much more my style - no fuss or added frippery. Visualy striking!x

Clai01 said...

Hi Sue
that is a very nice die, i do like your ribbons and pearl pins so it seemed very different for your style, fab card though.

Von said...

Just love the simplicity of this elegant card Sue :)

violetclouds said...

youre right, I have been sitting at my computer screen just looking and looking at this one. LIke everyone else has said, its so elegant in its simplicity :)

Neha Jain said...

Clean and simple...lovely

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It would make a gorgeous Christmas card.......Regards, Anne R

Barbara Phillips said...

Really love this card, no bows, pins or swirls but it is gorgeous. The colours really make it stand out.

Papercraft By Carole said...

Absolutely stunning card!! Cxx

Craftypurpledragon said...

Hi Sue,
Love the colours with this one, very striking.
Love and Light.
Suz x

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

A very elegant and stunning card! It's lovely.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

Pamela said...

This card is far simpler than your usual creations but stunning nevertheless