Sunday 25 February 2024

Just Because

 Good Sunday morning all!  I was having a play one day and came up with today's card.  I used Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch and Twisted Citron Distress inks randomly all over a piece of white card.  Next I attached the mask  (I cannot recall what it's called) over the coloured background an used white texture paste through it.  I set it aside to dry overnight, then coated it with spray adhesive and sprinkled Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz over all of it.  Using the Round Corner Squares, I cut a multi-layered white frame and added it with mounting foam over the image.  I cut the Just Because sentiment out of Cobalt blue card and added a black shadow to it.  I glued it into place inside the frame.  The card was completed with white and cobalt blue mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8"  x  8"  in size.  All for now, Sue x






 
                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Wow a brilliant background and very pretty colours thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a gorgeous creation, love the background, I would love to know the name of the background if any of your followers could find out, it is so clever. The colour choice is perfect.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, what a great background and lovely colours.
Marion S x

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fantastic card Sue x the background is brilliant and it looks perfect with just your sentiment x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card & lovely background. Yvonne xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is so beautiful! I keep saying that you’re the Queen of backgrounds I wish I had your talent!
Hugs x
Heather T

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A gorgeous background.
B xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a lovely background today which I am sure we would all be able to recreate using a different mask as there are so many wonderful masks and stencils out there today.

Lisbeth

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Great card today and love the colours- seems a bit retro to me…

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a fabulous background for this card, looks perfect with the bold sentiment. Bx

Anonymous said...

Great colour combination and idea. WakeyL

Scottydog said...

Ooh a new technique & definitely one to try. These sorts of cards I find are good for men & teenagers & are always useful to have standing by for any forgotten birthdays. Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A fabulous background and love the colours. Sorry I didn’t get to comment on yesterday’s lovely card but it was a busy day

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, well this is something a bit different and I rather like it.

Frances

Anonymous said...

great background sue love the coloureds thank you stay safe my friends June Horrocks’s xxxxxxxxx

ursula said...

Wow another great idea, love the card, simple but striking…luv Ursula xx

Liz said...

Wonderful card, lovely design.
Liz xx

sued99 said...

I love the colours and the whole card is great. X

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Fabulous card such a lovely background you've created

hazel young said...

Wonderful card Sue xx Hazel