Monday 26 February 2024

Just For You

 Hello there my crafty friends!  I selected a piece of white card and embossed it with the Padded Quilt embossing folder.  On the bottom of the card, I added a wide strip of Amethyst card that I used a score board to add detail to it.  I cut a thin border of black and amethyst card to go across the join.  I cut the Flower Pot out of Cinnamon card twice.  I cut the top of the pot off of the second die cut and inked the edges with Rusty Hinge distress ink and I also used a soft brown pencil then added it with mounting foam to the other pot.  I inked the bottom of the pot as well, then used a white pencil in the middle of the pot and top edge.  I cut the Layered Asters out of shades of purple and added yellow centres.  I cut the stem and leaves in green and assembled all the flowers and arranged them in the pot.  I cut the Just For You sentiment in black and added it on to a white shadow backing die cut and attached it below the Asters.  I added small white pearls to the Padded Quilt background.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/2"  in size.  All for now. Sue x







 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, o what a beauty today, my favourite embossing folder and the beautiful flowerpot, it looks so realistic with the light brown and white pencil marks on it to give it depth an dimension, cleaver idea. Then we have the stunning Astors, wow you have really designed a beautiful creation Sue, love it.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Wow what a beauty to start the week thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Such a beautiful card today with your lovely embossing folder & beautiful asters. Yvonne xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
Wow, a fabulous card.
B xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, wow, what a beautiful start to the week, a lovely pot of asters, they are gorgeous and I love this sample
Marion S x

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, wow, a really stunning and lovely card today, love the creative layout. Bx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a lovely pot of flowers to see on a miserable, grey morning. It has really cheered me up. Love it.

Lisbeth

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. Feeling much better this morning ... More like my old self. I can't believe how much stuff is going around at the moment.
Any way today's card. Love it and I am going to have a go with this one as I have all the things I need except the plant pot. I love the colours too.
Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏 everyone.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Love this post. Similar to when these flowers dies were launched.

Anonymous said...

love this one sue the colours are brill the sentiment i have the die have just need a flower pot like Ann so i will be having a go glad your feeling better Ann stay safe my friends xxxxxxxxxxJune Horrocks

Anonymous said...

I love how some of the flowers aren't in bloom and unopened. Looks more realistic than if all were open and facing forward. WakeyL

Scottydog said...

What a delightful card, this is a real gift as well as a card. Lovely idea, thank you Sue.

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a stunner! Absolutely love this card, and I adore asters! Colleen xx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A fabulous card, love your shading on the flowerpot and the layered asters are gorgeous

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card and I love everything about it.

Frances

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue, fabulous colour xx Hazel

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A really beautiful card.

Love Helen xxx

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

Love this! The flowers look so real!
Sharon in Toronto

sued99 said...

Love this. Everything about it is perfect! X

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Lovely card thd asters are very pretty I like the way you've added shading to the flower pot it looks very realistic

Kim said...

gorgeous card - and particularly love the plantpot!
x

Judy Hollers said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the aster flowers and the purple color you have used!

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Your card is beautiful and definately a mantle pleaser!
Hugs x
Heather T